Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TFormers Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Octane / Tankor Mod by Matt Booker

Recommended Posts

tn_gallery_11183_327_128388.png
Based on Schlecki02's way of displaying him, I've cut and glued Octane so the Comb of Doom is now a better fitting Shoulder/Back Bladed Thingie... Of Doom.
View the Custom Gallery Here

I love it! But I'm not quite sure how you connected that... do you mean, it's glued on so he doesn't transform?

  • Author
I love it! But I'm not quite sure how you connected that... do you mean, it's glued on so he doesn't transform?

 

Thanks!

 

Octane is still fully transformable, and can even still use it as a shield or a Comb of Doom.

 

It's easy to do, and is kind of rough looking because I tried a few different things before I found a way that worked and was still functional.

 

Step 1, Cut a hole in the box.

 

Step 1, Cut off the wheel in the center of the Comb of Doom. That's the one all by itself on the sheild.

 

Step 2, Find some spare plastic and cut it just BARELY over the width of the the gap on the back of Octane. I used the thick clip from a pen cap.

 

Step 3, Shave down the /¯\ on the back of the Comb of Doom. This is so it can sit more flush against his back.

 

Step 4, Glue the plastic piece over where you just shaved flat.

 

Step 5, Cut a notch on the flap behind Octane's hips. It should be about as wide as the bottom edge of the Comb of Doom.

 

Step 6, Carve off the lowermost point on the bottom of the + post on the Comb of Doom. Just the lowermost notch, so it's flat on the bottom. The actual + will still be there. This is the most difficult step to explain, but you'll understand when you try to fold the flap from Step 5 up against the bottom of the Comb of Doom.

 

 

Test it and shave / adjust as necessary until it sits well.

 

Basically the extra piece of plastic should fit just barely snug in the back of Octane, and the back flap will help as well because the lower edge of the Comb of Doom sits in that notch.

 

Things to watch out for are making sure the piece of plastic is just snug enough to grip but not wide enough to make his torso gap (a gap can cause the plane wings to get floppy as their gears separate and make the waist joint loose until you remove the Comb of Doom), and cutting the notch on his tail flap at kind of an angle (since the flap doesn't fold up completely perpendicular to his body unless you want to angle the waist back a bit.)

 

 

Lots of ways to pose the wings. You could do them in front of the comb of doom, but I prefer Schlecki02's look of awesomeness. If you don't want to do this mod, you can always just pose him like that by kind of resting the comb a bit on the wings like Schlecki does. See the thread on the different transformation of Octane / Tankor for that. This way is just more secure and gives you more posability with the wings.

 

~Matt Booker

Pretty nice. After reading your post I did a similar thing. It works really well.

  • Author
Pretty nice. After reading your post I did a similar thing. It works really well.

 

Glad I could help. It's kind of a rough mod, but it does the job.

 

~Matt Booker

Excellent work :thumb

The only other thing I'm going to do is glue in a stop so that the claw will only open so far, making it all the more stable. I never have him use his claw fully open, I think it just looks silly like that.

  • Author
Comb of Doom

 

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

:tflaugh

 

Been a while since I've seen that movie.

 

~Matt Booker

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!
SOCIAL NETWORKS

ToyNewsI MarvelousNews Tformers JediInsider
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the oldest, largest, and most popular news source for adult toy collectors (kidults) all around the world.

Get the scoop every day on all the popular culture action figures, comics, games, movies, toys, and more!

Contact and Support
Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy


All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Please Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.