I love Big Lots Knock Offs....

Starscreamer

Anyone pick these up yet? If so how do they connect.

They sit on top of each other.

Are you sure? I mean I'd assume there has to be more to it than that. After all that wouldn't explain the arms.

The arms bend the fabric of space time to stay on.

I'm serious about that, but I was joking about them just sitting on top of each other.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I went there and passed on them for now (saving money for the CL Ultra Magnus armor)though they weren't too bad looking. I especially liked the one that had Optimus for legs, and Hotshot for arms w/ Soundwave for his chest. As for how their arms connected to their bodies it isn't quite fabric of space time bending it looks more like a very simple plug, and hope it holds approach. I opted for the single Sunstorm color Starscream ko for now (what's really funny is the even though it's based on the legends class SS it's almost as poseable as the Supreme class Cyb SS). I'll tell you I like how he will fit in with the Cl figs as a G1 toon/ WWI accurate Sunstorm. I'm tempted to army build with them, and the Cyb Thundercracker kos for an army of Seekers for my Cl Starscream, and Megatron to command. They also had all sorts of Micromaster combiners w/ extra figs. They had 6 train who came with a little locomotive tf, and an aircraft carrier tf?(I think it was a tf but I'm not quite sure), 6 wing w/ a water plane tf, Micromaster Devastator w/ what looked like a little G1 Boncrusher, and a proper colored micro sized G1 Devastator. They also had a red G1 Hotspot w/ fire fighting stuff, and an Onslaught w/ everything you need to make Bruticus except the actual limbs but I think they had them in 2 packs like they jets (aerialbots), and the rescue vehicles (protectobots). They also had the Optimal Optimus, and BW TM2 Megatron, those bug tfs, animal tf combiner, and dinorobos, the over sized minicon cars, and all sorts of Power Ranger, and Gundam kos. I swear the whole aisle was 75% ko Robot,& Mecha figures.

*edit* if the joints are loose be very careful when tightening them with glue. My "Sunstorm"'s left arm broke off so I had to repair him. Fortunately I have the knowledge, and the ware with all to fix this problem. He doesn't have a ball joint in either of his shoulders now (not that they were very movable ball joints to begin with) but at least he is fixed.

I stopped by Big Lots this afternoon. I saw the Legends Combiner KO, but didn't pay much attention to it. I was too busy looking at the Power Ranger/Dekaranger and Mugenbine KOs. :tflaugh

I already have the original that one of those Dekaranger KOs are based off, the Dekabase robo. Outside of the crappy stickers, and molded on hands, it looked rather close the original toy. The Mugenbine toys were changed mightily though. Crummy paint aps, and the figure was scaled up. I don't have the original Mugenbine figures, Mugen Emperor and Mugen Devil(? I think, not sure if that's the names), but I figure they're probably the height of the KO's leg.

I stopped by Big Lots this afternoon. I saw the Legends Combiner KO, but didn't pay much attention to it. I was too busy looking at the Power Ranger/Dekaranger and Mugenbine KOs. :tflaugh

I already have the original that one of those Dekaranger KOs are based off, the Dekabase robo. Outside of the crappy stickers, and molded on hands, it looked rather close the original toy. The Mugenbine toys were changed mightily though. Crummy paint aps, and the figure was scaled up. I don't have the original Mugenbine figures, Mugen Emperor and Mugen Devil(? I think, not sure if that's the names), but I figure they're probably the height of the KO's leg.

So does being over sized make the KO bad, or better than the original in your opinion. I'm hoping some company gets hold of Cl Galvatron's mold, and over sizes it.

Which ones were Mugen Emperor, and Mugen Devil?

Oh here's what I did with the yellow KO Starscream:

004-2.jpg

Here's one set; http://indb6.zero-yen.com/ds.html and the other. http://indb6.zero-yen.com/ry.html

I think the second one is Mugen Emperor, and the first one is Death Emperor. (Well, at least I got the "D" part of the name right. :P )

As for quality, I can't say. It doesn't look like the Mugenbine KOs from a year or so back that looked like it was a case of "Open package, dump toy in garbage. Play with package, dump package in garbage", so that's an improvement. In terms of it vs. the original, I'd rather pay the price for the original sets, than $20 for the KO set...but that's just cause I'd prefer the original toy, and smaller scale.

Here's one set; http://indb6.zero-yen.com/ds.html and the other. http://indb6.zero-yen.com/ry.html

I think the second one is Mugen Emperor, and the first one is Death Emperor. (Well, at least I got the "D" part of the name right. :P )

As for quality, I can't say. It doesn't look like the Mugenbine KOs from a year or so back that looked like it was a case of "Open package, dump toy in garbage. Play with package, dump package in garbage", so that's an improvement. In terms of it vs. the original, I'd rather pay the price for the original sets, than $20 for the KO set...but that's just cause I'd prefer the original toy, and smaller scale.

I don't remember seeing either of those. Of course I kind of looked past anything non KO TF. I did see the SPD Power Ranger KO, and some Gundam ones but those are the only ones that half caught my eye.

I was just thinking of a use for the TF Legends combiners. Soundwave, Starscreams, and Vector Primes combined for a Superion type Combiner, and the Optimus Primes, and Hotshots could be interesting not sure what that would be called.

By the way what did you think of my Sunstorm repaint of the KO?

I don't remember seeing either of those. Of course I kind of looked past anything non KO TF. I did see the SPD Power Ranger KO, and some Gundam ones but those are the only ones that half caught my eye.

I was just thinking of a use for the TF Legends combiners. Soundwave, Starscreams, and Vector Primes combined for a Superion type Combiner, and the Optimus Primes, and Hotshots could be interesting not sure what that would be called.

Heh. You edited it in after I posted so I missed it. It looks pretty darn good. I have my Legends Sunstorm next to the computer, and the colors are spot on.

Heh. You edited it in after I posted so I missed it. It looks pretty darn good. I have my Legends Sunstorm next to the computer, and the colors are spot on.

Thanks I tried to get the best out of both the Legends, and Titanium Sunstorm onto him. I'm thinking about having a whole little seeker army, and at $3 each I mean if ever there was a good army builder this is it. I'm even thinking of a way to alter the head for the coneheads.

I nabbed an oversized Legends Starscream and Vector Prime. I like them a lot. I added superglue to all of the hinge and ball joints of SS so he's no longer floppy and can hold some cool poses. Now I need to detail the face like screamer, and think about repainting him.

Archived