Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TFormers Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Transformers: The Movie

Recommended Posts

I just watched this last night and want to ask how many of you Transfans liked it? Me personally I didnt. Why? Well first of all they killed off Optimus Prime. To me thats a big no no. Prime is the ONLY true leader of the Autobots. Now I understand that they have to introduce new characters to the Transformers story line but you dont kill off the guy who I consider a god in the TF world. The best part in the whole movie for me was the begining where the Deceptiscum's were trying to take over Autobot headquarters and Prime came in to save the day. The rest of the movie was not very good in my opinion. Now I may get some heat for saying that but its ok we all have a right to agree or disagree right TF fans? So whats your opinion and favorite and least favorite parts of the movie?

 

 

"One shall stand and one shall Fall".

  • Replies 90
  • Views 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you KIDDING ME?!!

 

You didn't like Transformers: The Movie?

 

The rest of the movie was not very good?

 

 

One word: UNICRON

 

I say good day to you sir.

The movie had its flaws, just examine the frame-by-frame shots of the cels and you can see multiple characters appearing after they got hit, shot or destroyed. There is inconsistency, reduced animation (still animation), in addition, characters disappear as well. WTF? However in spite of these errors, the TF movie is CLASSIC! It truly rocks and is a cultural icon for many TF fans worldwide.

 

So Optimus dies, it is a part of the storyline, deal with it :punch, it serves a much greater purpose in the TF universe. Unicron is introduced and is a badass and we really see how powerful he is! The character designs and the talented voice actors really brought this animated film to life. I think few TF fans would argue it is not good and the battle scenes are simply outstanding! Remembers Optimus boosting into the air... :beer simply one of the greatest childhood memories.

 

The least favorite part in the movie? Well that would have to be when uhm... Arcee, I didn't care about her and pink makes me still want to vomit. :puke I didn't care for the Junkions but so what? :tfgrin I didn't like how Hot Rod got in the way during Prime's battle w/Megs. Also didn't care that Prime kept on talking instead of "finishing him off" as Kup wisely shouted! Prime lacked the killer instinct and got killed when he didn't seize his opportunity, ok. So? I also did not like how Metroplex, Omega Supreme, Skorpinok or Fortress Maximus were not there either, but I dealt with it. :redface

 

Bottomline, Transformers the Movie is arguably the best animated mecha movie for a generation that grew up on TF! Be thankful it was made and helped pave the way for awesome toys like 20th Ann. Optimus Prime, which was well worth the wait! :beer :thumb

your obviously not actually a transformers fan, are you?

I liked transformers the movie a lot….that’s not to say it didn’t have its problems. The biggest problem for me was not the fact that prime died (which was a downer), but the damn music in 90% of all the scenes. If the music matched the personality of the transformers brand it wouldn’t have bothered me so much…ah well still a cool movie.

I agree that the film has its problems here and there, but overall i personally found it to be amazing. The battle of Autobot City is definitely my favorite part of the film. Its the ultimate Transformers experience-an all out battle between most of the main characters on either side, and both sides rack up casualties. This experience is only heightened by the the final showdown between two icons: Op and Megs.

 

My least favorite part also has to do with this sequence however. There are many characters seen briefly around Autobot City(Hound, Bluestreak, Sunstreaker, Huffer, etc) who disappear during the battle. Now apparently Sunstreaker took a shuttle to Moon base 1 in order to pick up Prime and the Dinobots, and Hound shows up outside the city waiting for them, but what about Bluestreak, what about Huffer(who apparently dies as shown in "Dark Awakening") and all the others? It would be nice to see what happened to them and if they all survived, or only a select few lived on past the fight.

 

But this is a small thing for me, so it doesn't take too much away from the movie for me, and i still loved it as a kid. I can't even count the number of times i watched it on vhs as a youth.

 

"Till all are one."

I also did not like how Metroplex, Omega Supreme, Skorpinok or Fortress Maximus were not there either, but I dealt with it. :redface

I don't mean to nitpick but none of these charactors existed before the movie except for Omega.

 

Animation errors aside the movie is pretty good. I wouldn't go as far to say it is the greatest animated movie ever though.

  • Author

First of all Viktor I AM AND ALWAYS WILL BE A TF FAN :tard. So enough said about that. Second to be second guessed because I didnt really care for the movie is B.S. I just didnt care for it plain and simple and because of that dont mean I'm not a TF fan. If everyone else liked the movie great I'm happy that you did. I'm sure the new movie will be 10 times better.

 

 

"Roll Out"

I really like the movie, but it also could have been a lot better. The soundtrack is way to cheesy for my tastes. Killing off all those beloved characters was gutsy, but also a bad move later on when the new characters did not prove as endearing. Also: WHEELIE.

 

However, Unicron, the awesome fight scenes, the excellent handling of the death of Prime more than balance out any flaws the movie had. It's not classic, but it is a lot of fun.

I also did not like how Metroplex, Omega Supreme, Skorpinok or Fortress Maximus were not there either, but I dealt with it.  :redface 

I don't mean to nitpick but none of these charactors existed before the movie except for Omega.

Like I said, I dealt with it. Rewatching the film ad nauseum since then I merely wanted those other characters in the film as well.

 

I would still say it is the greatest mecha animated film based solely on the epic scale of the battles. IMHO a close second would be Gundam 0083 Stardust Memory and Char's Counterattack.

 

The film is classic for those of us who love TF; it might be classic in the same level as Stagecoach, Potempkin, or Gerrie the Dinosaur, but that is not the point. It is a classic in its own genre... mecha and the numerous toys the series continues to spawn, not b/c of its historical or a techical innovation. :thumb

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!
SOCIAL NETWORKS

ToyNewsI MarvelousNews Tformers JediInsider
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the oldest, largest, and most popular news source for adult toy collectors (kidults) all around the world.

Get the scoop every day on all the popular culture action figures, comics, games, movies, toys, and more!

Contact and Support
Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy


All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Please Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.