In retrospect, was Prime right to want the Dinobots destroyed?

Aquarion

The autobots don't like to kill or destroy stuff especially life. Prime did not know the dinobots were alive till later,destroying non sentiant things to protect lives is a good thing.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I tried. I think you ignored my post. Prime's position on destroying them changed when he realized they were living beings and not just automatons.

That doesn't really say whether or not it was a good idea to spare the Dinobots, that just says Prime couldn't destroy them even if he wanted to. Has keeping the Dinobots around been beneficial to the Autobots in any way? Or have the Dinobots become a liability?

I tried. I think you ignored my post. Prime's position on destroying them changed when he realized they were living beings and not just automatons.

That doesn't really say whether or not it was a good idea to spare the Dinobots, that just says Prime couldn't destroy them even if he wanted to. Has keeping the Dinobots around been beneficial to the Autobots in any way? Or have the Dinobots become a liability?

The answer to that question depends upon whether you value pragmatism above life. I mean, you don't really need it to be spelled out this much, do you?

The answer to that question depends upon whether you value pragmatism above life.

I do value life, that's why if some one posed a serious enough threat to many many people and I had no other options, I wouldn't hesitate to stop them using whatever means nessecary. The Dinobots are basically living weapons. They're too dumb to think for themselves so they get manipulated into working for whichever villain comes along. First it was Megatron, then it was Meltdown, and most recently, it was Black Arachia. So the way I see it, Prime has two options: Either train the Dinobots to become proper Autobots so they'll use their immense power for good, or dispose of them to keep them from falling into the wrong hands of people who will use them to cause death and destruction.

So you're destroying actual life in order to protect potential life? lol

Potential life? What the hell is that suppose to mean? The Dinobots have proven that they pose a very serious threat to the citizens of New Detroit because they'll obey anyone who's smart enough to manipulate them, and the Dinobots are so dumb that the manipulator doesn't even have to be all that smart.

Archived