Reissue Predaking

Valdraz

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And I don't like die-cast I love my die-cast figures and I have a lot of them as well, but with Predaking it doesn't really matter. It’s not like they are replacing die-cast parts with plastic parts. They made both in G1 so it shouldn't be a shock if it ends up being the plastic version. And to the entire nay Sayers out there just remember the old saying, "Don't look a gift horse in the mouth". Just be thankful that they are even reissuing the predicons. :thumb

1987olds442, by your arguments reissuing the cheap crappy plastic tire versions of Ultra Magnus and Metroplex (no chrome either) are just as good as the originals because they were sold that way at one time. Hasbro cut prices, and quality on the second run of most of the "Movie Era Toys"

" I don't why people are complaining over such a thing like this with prediking. The die-cast versions had very little die-cast anyway. "

I disagree.. have you ever held a metal predaking? The die cast parts on Headstrong are two of the largest/Heaviest die cast parts ever released on a Transformer. Together they are roughly 3.5 X2 inches and cover the entire back of the figure. The metal on the other four is smaller, but still very noticable. The difference in weight between the two sets is huge.

1987olds442, by your arguments reissuing the cheap crappy plastic tire versions of Ultra Magnus and Metroplex (no chrome either) are just as good as the originals because they were sold that way at one time.  Hasbro cut prices, and quality on the second run of most of the "Movie Era Toys"

" I don't why people are complaining over such a thing like this with prediking. The die-cast versions had very little die-cast anyway. "

I disagree.. have you ever held a metal predaking? The die cast parts on Headstrong are two of the largest/Heaviest die cast parts ever released on a Transformer.  Together they are roughly 3.5 X2 inches and cover the entire back of the figure.  The metal on the other four is smaller, but still very noticable.  The difference in weight between the two sets is huge.

Look dude you need to calm down now! You are taking what I typed out of context. And by doing so makes you sound like a little whinny child. That's like me saying, by your arguments you don't want any reissues released. God dude get a life, and relax. And yes, I have held both versions of Prediking both are big and heavy, and of course the one with die-cast parts is heavier. But both are equally as good in quality unlike the two you mention which were cheaper in quality, and in such with a character like Predaking it doesn't really matter. So, yes die-cast would be nice, but either way I'm going to get two more for my collection.

On a side note when you are taking matter such as this to seriously. Here is what I suggest go to a bar, club, etc. pick up a couple of hotties. Add you in the middle and enjoy. It works every time :thumb , it works with other stressful situations as well. And just a point of advise when you are talking to them don't mention transformers. That's the last thing most girls like is a fanboy. LOL

1987olds442, by your arguments reissuing the cheap crappy plastic tire versions of Ultra Magnus and Metroplex (no chrome either) are just as good as the originals because they were sold that way at one time.  Hasbro cut prices, and quality on the second run of most of the "Movie Era Toys"

I disagree.. have you ever held a metal predaking? The die cast parts on Headstrong are two of the largest/Heaviest die cast parts ever released on a Transformer.  Together they are roughly 3.5 X2 inches and cover the entire back of the figure.  The metal on the other four is smaller, but still very noticable.  The difference in weight between the two sets is huge.

Look dude you need to calm down now! You are taking what I typed out of context. And by doing so makes you sound like a little whinny child. That's like me saying, by your arguments you don't want any reissues released. God dude get a life, and relax. And yes, I have held both versions of Prediking both are big and heavy, and of course the one with die-cast parts is heavier. But both are equally as good in quality unlike the two you mention which were cheaper in quality, and in such with a character like Prediking it doesn't really matter. So, yes die-cast would be nice, but either way I'm going to get two more for my collection.

On a side note when you are taking matter such as this to seriously. Here is what I suggest go to a bar, club, etc. pick up a couple of hotties. Add you in the middle and enjoy. It works every time :thumb , it works with other stressful situations as well. And just a point of advise when you are talking to them don't mention transformers. That's the last thing most girls like is a fanboy. LOL

:tflaugh I like the bar/chick thing dude. :thumb

Hey, even if the re-issue is plastic it will still have some metal in it. The screws that hold it together will be metal. Are all you diecast guys happy now?

:tflaugh I like the bar/chick thing dude. :thumb

You said it Diesel :thumb

And thanks as well. :thumb

Wow. Resorting to personal attacks, I must have hit a nerve. You can't rebutt a comment without resorting to kindergarten? If you are going to suggest that someone is childlike it is a good idea to use grammar above the third grade level.

I opened this thread for a discussion of the topic, not a flamewar. I just find it interesting that Takara may be changing gears in the middle of the TF Collection line and possibly releasing a product without die cast metal when all the other reissues have included it.

I opened this thread for a discussion of the topic, not a flamewar. I just find it interesting that Takara may be changing gears in the middle of the TF Collection line and possibly releasing a product without die cast metal when all the other reissues have included it.

In this case I would say that cost has influenced the decision to not include metal in the Predaking reissue. I don't see it as a new trend, just this one time to keep the price down.

Archived