Botcon 2009: Suggested Location(s) and Theme(s)

Well...The people who put the show on are based here in the DFW Texas area...I say have it here in Texas!! Arlington to be exact. Centrally located to the metroplex. We've got a convention center and hotel that would be more than enough space for the event. It's an easy drive to DFW Airport. Also, with the new Cowboys stadium going in, they've been building hotels like crazy. Oh AND we've got a major theme park as well as a major water park all within walking (or a very short shuttle ride) from most of the new hotels AND convention center.

Heck they are doing the GI Joe collectors club convention in Frisco (up North a bit from Dallas). Why not do Botcon or ANY TF Con in this area!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would personally love to see it return to Durham, North Carolina. It happened once, a long, long time ago...

And it's the only way I'll be able to afford to go!

• 2 weeks later...

I'd love it if BotCon would expand. It'd give alot more fans a chance to go if it was quartly or so. The demand is obviously there, and what would they have to do, ship some displays and contact local vendors.

I live just outside of the MeadowLands, and NYC, there are convention centers galore, and I know how it works as part of my job is holding various display shows of this sort. It's not that hard to organize.

But on the topic of maybe where, I'm gonna say The MeadowLands. Plenty of room, hundreds of nice hotels, it's a hair outside of NYC, and about an hour and a Half from Philly, half hour from Conneticut, plenty of airports for people flying in, and I can walk there.

Then again, I this is gonna be my first BotCon, and I'm gonna make a vacation out of it, so I'd realy like Vegas, or Honalulu, you know, someplace nice.

Well, since it will be around (I'd say) the second TF movie release, have it in Rhode Island again. That Botcon rocked!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived