Your favorite G1 episodes

Satan's Camaro

I haven't seen G1 since it aired of T.V. LOL!

But I can remember a very powerful episode is when Optimus went 1 on 1 with the Stunticons Leader, Motomaster.

I remember someone was with Prime, it was Cliffjumper maybe? Cause he was scared as ****. In the end Prime made it out alive....

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hands down, "City of Steel." It was really cool how Megatron made part of Earth into Cybertron.

Woah, man, could you explain just a little more? lol!

Sure.

What happened was that Megatron one day decided to turn Manhattan into a reasonable facisimile of Cybertron. He gave the humans 24 hours (irony, since the European settlers gave the natives 24 dollars) to leave Manhattan Island.

The Autobots, being the nosey busybodies they are, decided to intervene.

The Constructicons were well underway in expunging the island of human influenes. The Empire State Building was the first to be retrofitted into Cybertronian architecture. They did this by digging out the foundations of the buildings and lowering the buildings into a chamber far beneath Manhattan with some fancy schmancy eleveator. That's where the Constructicons got to work.

Of course, when the Autobots invaded the island, Megatron got Scavenger to literally take the ground out from Optimus Prime's feet. Optimus Prime then plunged into the aforementioned chamber where he was then put onto Long Haul where Hook precedes to vivasect Optimus Prime. Megatron kept the head but disconnect Optimus Prime's vocal cords because Prime doesn't know when to shut up.

The rest of Prime, and Manhattan, was converted into elements of Cybertron - Primes' body was made into an alligator-like robot to patrol the sewers for other Autobot invaders.

Of course, in the end, the Autobots managed to put Optimus Prime together in a matter of minutes (with the scientific expertise of Ironhide, Mirage, Jazz, and Ratchet - Perceptor was such an idiot in the movie because he did squat to save Optimus Prime), only to find out that Scrapper took Optimus Prime's right arm and weapon and attached it to the highest building in Megatron's new Cybertronian city. After a rip off of "King Kong" between Devastator and Optimus Prime, The 6 Autobots miraculously overwhelm the city of Decepticons and returned everything to normal.

The End.

I really like the episode "A Prime Problem", in which Megatron, Soundwave, and Starscream, discover some powerful/ unstable crystalline energy (that destroys robotic circuitry on contact) in an valley.  Megatron plans to lure the autobots into the valley by creating a clone of Optimus Prime.

The animation in the episode was quite good for G1, especially the scene where Prime rises after battle and the camera gives a well-animated circular shot of him.

This was also one of the only episdes i can recall where a transformer is actually DESTROYED from gun-fire (well technically the CLONE versions of starscream and Optimus)  but still cool none the less... :thumb

Also get to see Soundwave's Autoscout cassette minion before it is destroyed, touching the dangerous crystal energy. :tfevil

I really like the episode "A Prime Problem", in which Megatron, Soundwave, and Starscream, discover some powerful/ unstable crystalline energy (that destroys robotic circuitry on contact) in an valley.  Megatron plans to lure the autobots into the valley by creating a clone of Optimus Prime.

The animation in the episode was quite good for G1, especially the scene where Prime rises after battle and the camera gives a well-animated circular shot of him.

This was also one of the only episdes i can recall where a transformer is actually DESTROYED from gun-fire (well technically the CLONE versions of starscream and Optimus)  but still cool none the less... :thumb

Also get to see Soundwave's Autoscout cassette minion before it is destroyed, touching the dangerous crystal energy. :tfevil

Yeah, I like how Optimus Prime was destroyed by Autobot gunfire. Too bad it was his clone, though.

My Favorite Episodes are:

Season One

Heavy Metal War

S.O.S. Dinobot

War of the Dinobots

Roll For It

Countdown to Extinction

Season Two

Cosmic Rust

Starscream's Brigade

Revenge of Bruticus

Key to Vector Sigma 1 & 2

Masquerade

Season Three

Call of the Primitives

Dark Awakening

Burden Hardest to Bear

The Ultimate Weapon

Starscream's Ghost

Ghost in the Machine

Not too fond of the G1 cartoon, but there are nevertheless some eps I really liked.

Dark Awakening. Very grim and at the same time great to see Rodimus rising to the challenge and grow into a confident leader who can accept that he's now the leader.

The Ultimate doom. Loved how the Megatron and his deceps had the Autobot reduced to reacting, while they were basically in control until the end.

MTMTE. same reason. Nothing the Autobots did worked. If it wasn't for Mirage stowing away and deciding at the last moment that Cybertron under Megatron wouldn't be good for him, the Decepticons would've won.

Archived