Alternators Bumblebee by Valkfan

Valkfan

Hello all. As many of you know, I really don't like repainting my Alternators. But in order to do this character justice, I just had to repaint an extra Alt. Ricochet I had sitting around. I used Krylon Fusion for the yellow which worked great and I used clothing dye(RIT) to color the legs black. The custom Bumblebee head is completely scratch-built by myself and will remain a one-of-a-kind sculpt. However, I WILL be making a Cliffjumper version for those interested.

I will be posting some pictures in Alt. mode but I need to repaint the rims silver before I do so.

post-7811-1204532764_thumb.jpg

post-7811-1204532894_thumb.jpg

Um I REALLY like that head...maybe you should quit your day job and just focus on making these...unless your day job is sculpting original Transformer heads...I feel shame for not ever doing a Bumblebee Alt.

Awesome Fig!

other then it being a tad small, it's super awesome.

Actually, the head is in scale with the head it replaced. The thing that gives it the appearance of being "a tad" small is that unlike Ricochet, Silverstreak or Smokescreen, Bumblebee's head is tapered at the bottom. I should have taken a picture of it before I tapered it to show this but it just slipped my mind.

On another note, I kinda rushed the paintjob on this guys head and I'm going to be stripping the paint and adding more detail before I repaint it with an unrushed paintjob.

Valkfan,can i ask you a question? if you'd cast it in something that shrinks/expands,how much worse would it look than the original? cause that might also be a solution for an alt/voyager sized bb head.

I honestly can't answer this question because I've never used anything that could expand or shrink parts.

Gah, ever since I bought MP Prime the first time around (I'm close to getting him a second time now... So far I've got 10 MP/Alts to buy by Saturday...) all I've wanted was an Alt-sized Bumblebee!

Why oh why did you have to make HIM the one-of-a-kind mold?

I really hate that Takara couldn't sell the VW or Mini molds to their auto-manufacturer... they would have fit BB perfectly... Although despite having about 4 too many Subarus in the Alternator line, he works well.

The head is fantastic, though. A shame there's no proper VW or Mini body to fit it on (I personally think a Mini Cooper fits BB better as a modern car, anyways).

Here's hoping Takara/Hasbro can squeeze out an MP Bumblebee at some point before retiring the line...

Archived