Yet another set of Classic Seekers (Finished?)

Spurt Reynolds

These guys have been sat waiting to be painted for nearly a year now,so i figured it was time to get off my arse and finish them..

First of all Sunstorm (Peachstorm?)...

S1050099.jpg

S1050097.jpg

Unfortunaly i didnt notice that Thundercracker was mis-packed with 2 right launchers until i finished & asembled him....

S1050064.jpg

S1050086.jpg

Alt mode pics (& Thrust) to follow.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holy Blot thats amazing! Im working on a Sunstorm as well but i have no clue what the character should really look like..until now!

Thats a fantastic job! I especially love how the paint has a different shade around the edges, how did you do that? How did you get the shade of dirty silver look on their faces too?

What an inspiration!

Guest Primal-Convoy
Holy Blot thats amazing! Im working on a Sunstorm as well but i have no clue what the character should really look like..until now!

Im guessing as he is a fellow Brit, that he painted with Games Workshop's citadel minatures acrylic paint and instead of drybrushing like Jinn does, he added, say, more white/yellow, etc to the base coat and built up the highlights gradually to the edges where in some cases his final highlight was close to white or the colour he used to add to the base-colour.

It used to take me ages, especially on Titans. Doing a TF like that would, indeed, takes months.

Hope you varnished them, matey!

Im guessing as he is a fellow Brit, that he painted with Games Workshop's citadel minatures acrylic paint and instead of drybrushing like Jinn does, he added, say, more white/yellow, etc to the base coat and built up the highlights gradually to the edges where in some cases his final highlight was close to white or the colour he used to add to the base-colour.

It used to take me ages, especially on Titans. Doing a TF like that would, indeed, takes months.

Hope you varnished them, matey!

Thanks guys

LOL Yep youve rumbled me,i used to be a studio figure painter for Games Workshop back in the 90`s,painting figures for box covers & White dwarf.

The Yellow and white (ish) are actually drybrushed with gradual highlights until the final (very light)drybrush is pure white,the orange was then glazed with very thin yellow ink.

Everything else was highlighted as you described & yep i varnished them.

Oh and Sonray one thing that i have noticed that alot of people miss when painting Sunstorm is that he has a silver face & a black chin (beard?).

At least he does in the Dreamwave comics anyway.

Oh and Sonray one thing that i have noticed that alot of people miss when painting Sunstorm is that he has a silver face & a black chin (beard?).

At least he does in the Dreamwave comics anyway.

Yes i have just noticed that. When i saw your version it stuck out to me and i realized he should really look that way so i'll be adding that to mine as well.

Archived