Fab Brawl

JustLOKIPLVY

Saw a whack of Fabs at the Superstore the other day.

I could've bought either Starscream, Ratchet, Jazz or Ironhide.

I went with Brawl because he looked pretty cool in package & better excecuted than the deluxe.

Long story short I now have a new found appreciation for Deluxe Brawl. There's a reason why these are designed for ages 4 & under just wish I realized that before hand.

For 15 CND I should have passed & gone to Walmart to buy two more heroes packs.

:07redface

I thought the same thing when I first saw the FAB Brawl. Kinda disappointed to find out he's sub-par. What is it about the figure that makes it so simple? The robot mode looks so good in the package. Sorry you had to find this out by purchasing, your sacrifice has saved me some dough though.

I have to say, I like the FABs. Jazz is nice bec. he's bigger than Dx Jazz, if not as detailed. Much more durable, too. I modded him so he would have elbows, and also his knees for more flex.

I'm going back and forth between FAB and Vger Starscream- I just don't like all the extra bulk Vger SS has, and FAB SS has real nose landing gear. Not too warm for SS's movie form anyway, and FAB is half the cost of Vger. FAB Brawl actually looks pretty good to me in both modes, a little more kibble in bot mode. (Already have Dx Brawl anyway.)

It is a little surprising that the Dx and FAB toys are the same price, seems hard to sell FABs that way, exc. to younger kids. And freaks like me. :tftongue

I'm not getting any of the FABs (other than FAB Frenzy whenever the hell he comes out) - but from what I've seen and read, they do seem well made in context of what they're intended to me - for a younger market.

As an older collector, of course I'll prefer the "proper" movie figures, but if I had a kid under 5, then I think FABs might be great for them. Also cheaper which is good news for parents - I wouldn't want to waste a Deluxe Decepticon Brawl on a toddler to be honest.

I thought the same thing when I first saw the FAB Brawl. Kinda disappointed to find out he's sub-par. What is it about the figure that makes it so simple? The robot mode looks so good in the package. Sorry you had to find this out by purchasing, your sacrifice has saved me some dough though.

No biggie. I like his tank mode.

As for simple. Remove the small gun turret. Spit the fixed turret to expose arms. I will say the automorph as you do this is kind of cool. As you fold out the halves the front flips down to form the chest/head comes up/front of treads come up on either shoulder. From here fold the lower legs down, & fold the feet. transform the second turret as you would the deluxe & attach to the big slot in the automorph assembly behind his head. Done. Articulation include. Shoulders can be raised/lowered, elbows can bend, knees bend, head is ball jointed, & the waist is spring loaded for some gimmick punching action. The gun on one arm, canon & claw are superficial/molded in place. Spring loaded gun are a pull back release design. Already lost one. :tflaugh The head is surprising detailed/painted. Only the smaller turret turns in alt mode.

Is it a horrible toy. Not really. Quality is a lot better than the plastic used in those knockoff Marvel morphers. Am I pissed? Hardly. This was after all designed for the kiddie crowd who can't get around the deluxe voyager/transformations. Just because I don't particularly like it doesn't mean others won't. I am tempted to get either Ratchet/Ironhide.

From the proto picks i saw FAB Brawl looks almost as detailed as the Deluxe one

Archived