Botcon Huffer and Springer

Frapp

I just got home from Botcon on Saturday, where I picked up the Huffer / Springer set. I really liked the color scheme on these guys, so I went for them instead of Alpha Trion and Wierdwolf. (I don't like beast formers anyways, and $90 for Alpha Trion was out of the question).

Springer:

Nice tight joints like on Cybertron Defense Hotshot.

Matching green Cyber Planet Key with d1o4 code printed on the back.

Matching green Knife weapon

Aside from obvious color change, the Autobot Vanguard logo was changed to a normal Autobot logo.

Shoulder missile bays have a yellow vent instead of straight black like on C.D. Hotshot.

"Missiles" painted red instead of yellow.

Huffer:

Loose knee joints (not sure if this is wide or on a few figures)

Matching orange Cyber Planet Key with NO code.

Matching orange and blue Gun / Towing Bar

Springer2.th.JPG

Springer3.th.JPG

Huffer.th.JPG

CyberKeys.th.JPG

Gee Armorhide repainted as Huffer. Who'd of thunk it. Though the Springer looks surprisingly good. Too bad they aren't general release though. Stupid Hasbro and their stupid convention exclusiveness.

...I'm a sad panda today. :( stoopit exclusives

:pfx :tdown Exclusives have made me sad too. I LOVE that Springer! That Huffer... I donno, would I aquire him? Yes! Do I need him? Meh, Armorhide is pretty sufficient.

Smeghead Hasbro! I'd love that Springer! Even if he isn't a triple changer. Good review.

What review? All he did was inventory the pieces that came with each figure.

They do look nice but, IMO not nice enough for me to add repaints to my collection (even at normal retail prices)

As for Huffer's loose knees: Are you transforming them right? You have to push the shin parts "out", so his knees hinge closer towards the "insides" of them.

Knew I forgot to do something. Still feel a touch to easy to move, but at least he can stand without the aid of his Crane Cane now.

Archived