A few questions for my fanfic...

given what primus, unicron and the one are meant to represent i dont think it would be possible for humans to comprehend them in the whole rather we just make assumptions based on what's happened before... so you can write what ever the hell you want since theirs gods and all

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am not a writer. This is my first fanfic. I don't want it to sound ridiculous. For example:

Unicron consumed the multiverse. He went back to dormancy, finally feeling at peace in the nonexistant nothingness.

More than likely after he consumed the universe, if he ever did, he would then self destruct into oblivion.

To put it into abstracts, Unicron supposedly represents entropy, the tendency of things in a closed system to wear down. In physics, there is a concept that eventually the universe will either start falling back in on itself, or simply eventually just slow down its expansion and cool off. This would be called the "heat death" of the universe, where even atomic motion will eventually fail. THIS is what Unicron represents.

On the other hand, Primus represents the creative impulse, and to a degree seems to represent the "Steady State" universe theory. He want the status quo, when it comes to the structure of the universe, to remain the same, unmolested by Unicron. Unlike other posters, I think it would be feasible that Primus would seek the utter destruction of Unicron. If he manages this, the Universe will settle into the Steady State concept, where there would be no entropy.

More than likely after he consumed the universe, if he ever did, he would then self destruct into oblivion.

To put it into abstracts, Unicron supposedly represents entropy, the tendency of things in a closed system to wear down. In physics, there is a concept that eventually the universe will either start falling back in on itself, or simply eventually just slow down its expansion and cool off. This would be called the "heat death" of the universe, where even atomic motion will eventually fail. THIS is what Unicron represents.

On the other hand, Primus represents the creative impulse, and to a degree seems to represent the "Steady State" universe theory. He want the status quo, when it comes to the structure of the universe, to remain the same, unmolested by Unicron. Unlike other posters, I think it would be feasible that Primus would seek the utter destruction of Unicron. If he manages this, the Universe will settle into the Steady State concept, where there would be no entropy.

See I can agree with that in theory, however by his nature Primus seeks creation not destruction, regardless of good or evil to destroy Unicron would seem to go against his nature. Also based on what they are supposed to be I doubt that the universe could survive a direct confrontation between Primus and Unicron. They seem to work first through emissaries and then once Unicron arrives upon a paticular worls Cybertron Primus leave it to his creations to defeat him or fail and moves onto another universe to begin the game again. Sometimes Primus wins sometimes Unicron wins, but neither will ever truly win completely because their are infinite universes and thus a never ending cycle of battle.

Part of which no doubt helps explain Unicron's anger at times, his purpose is decay, entropy, his was created to end creation, and he never can because for every universe he ends an infinite number more mock his attempts. Primus meanwhile doesn't have to come into full force for the most part because he knows their isn't a need, he isn't so much trying to stop Unicron as he is slowing him down, because he knows he can't stop him.

Back to Nitron's question though I don't think Primus can destroy Unicron's "Spark". First of all I don't think he has one in the way the normal Transformers do, he's of a much higher order, his robotic body doesn't contain him, he's a part of existence, the body is jsut a means for him to interact more directly with reality. When its destroyed he jsut makes a new one, and as shown in Balancing Act the way he does so is basically born from the ashes of chaos and destruction. His "Spark" or essence has never actually been touched, and I don't think Primus actually has the power to effect it directly.

Of course all of this is jsut my theories based on parts of the different fictions. It doesn't all mesh completely so you really have to kinda piece your own opinion on it together and leave out the parts that don't fit.

Ok I get that now. I only need to know if Primus is the dude of peace and was trying to keep the universe from being dstroyed, and he was fighting Unicron knowing if he defeated him the universe is destroyed...

You know what I'm saying.

I don't think Primus is the "Dude of Peace" as you put it. Its jsut that Unicron exists to end things, and Primus exists to create them. They are polar opposites. Primus created the transformers, he promotes creation, change, evolution if you will. Their war isn't about good or evil, right or wrong, it has nothing to do with politics or anything like that. They are simply the opposite ends of the spectrum of life, Alpha and Omega, beginning and end.

But like a few people have said before, its your Fan fic in your transformers universe. I'd say avoid telling the story through the eyes of Primus or Unicron, as long as its told from the viewpoint of your average Transformer or even another alien then there is no wrong answer, its simply the viewpoint of that character. I mean look at a character like the Fallen, he was created by Primus, but decided that he preferred Unicron's path. And really the characters of Unicron and Primus, their origins, everything about them it designed in a way so that they can be used as plot devices in different ways. Figure out how you want to use them and go with it. Their isn't really a wrong way.

I just said that because I didn't know how else to. It is not really a fanFIC, per say, it is telling the beginning of Primus and Unicron and the birth of the Transformers.

Well what I said still pretty much stands. Unicron and Primus's origins have been told a few different times over the years depening on which series it was. And of course in the toon Unicron was built by a monkey so you really can't do worse. Whatever origin you write will be unique to your transformers world. Its still a fanfic and you can do whatever you like in it.

Archived