Transformers in latest Entertainment Weekly issue

The King

Read this, thought it'd be cool to post. Sorry for the lame pics, no scanner.

MVC-001F.jpg

the article reads:

TRANSFORMERS

OPTIMUS PRIME

In anticipation of Transformers-that potential July 4 blovkbuster about warring alien machines- we could've chatted with Michael Bay or star Shia LaBeouf. But instead, we enlisted screenwriters Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci(M:I-3) to help us get the movie's biggest star, notoriously reclusive Optimus Prime-leader of the heroic Autobots-to sit down for a rare, excclusive Q&A

Do you keep in touch with your old Autobot buddies from the show?

We Have a monthly poker game in Atlantic City. I was also the best man at Ratchets wedding.

What is it like to work with Michael Bay? We hear the guy can be a wee bit demanding.

Like most humans, theres more to him than meets the eye. Mike is neraly as attracted to Ferraris as Ironhide was in high school.

Was it awkward at all between you and Decepticon leader Megatron at the craft-services table?

We lunched seperately. Megatron is a Method actor; it is therefore wise to keep one's distance when he's in character or he will vaporize you.

You got to work with Orson welles in 1986's Transformers: The Movie. Any other run-ins with cinema visionaries?

I did some uncredited stunt work with Sly Stallone in Over the Top.

Ever crank-call the GoBots?

Now you're being preposterous. That's just a cartoon.

MVC-002F.jpg

The caption reads:

Oh, forget the cast: The stars here are the robots. Gigantic, heavily armed, planet-destroying robots. All 13-year-old male readers should now wipe the drool off their chin.

I personally think the lines about Ironhide and Megatron were rofflicious.

I loved the Megatron line! Thanks for posting this.

You got to work with Orson welles in 1986's Transformers: The Movie. Any other run-ins with cinema visionaries?

I did some uncredited stunt work with Sly Stallone in Over the Top

F.T.W.

Odd, I don't recall seeing that second picture or the day-by-day release dates in my issue.

The picture of Prime is uber-sweet. The details are amazing.

Check the Ray Ban advertisements

Odd, I don't recall seeing that second picture or the day-by-day release dates in my issue.

The picture of Prime is uber-sweet. The details are amazing.

Check the Ray Ban advertisements

I don't remember my issue having any. Was it a special insert section or something? (Maybe mine fell out - or wasn't included in the subscription version. Alternatively, I may just be an idiot.)

Archived