"Destiny", ANOTHER TV Spot at SectorSeven.org and IGN!

Cliffjumper69

I agree with you there Terrorcon Blot. G1 Starcream's head does not work on that body at all. I will say that if some of the elements from G1 Starscream's helmet, such as the side vents, were added to the movie head, it would improve it Overall though, that was pretty sweet.

Well I do think that the head matches the body... I mean, it's so different from G1 Starscream overall that there's really no point in trying to make it look more like him in one area.

It's just a new visual approach to the character. And I really do like it. When I look at Starscream, I see a bird of prey who will put you in a world of sh*t.

not some ghey-ass Beastbox robot who cringes at the first sign of Megatron JMO

i'm editing the posts. and no, i'm not leaving......

i'm sorry....

sorry for what i said to you, RRC. sorry for exploding and making incoherent nonsensical posts. whether anyone will take me seriously from now on or not doesnt matter to me.

i perceived what RRC said to me as a personal attack and lashed out at him....it wasnt, and that was my fault. sorry again

i have a short temper and it sometimes dumbs me down. yes, you might say i'm angry all the time.

the scene... was it impressive? yes! no matter what the character doing it looks like. it still is an awesome scene. but i didnt see that as i was too busy clinging to all i held dear to me about starscream. i may not like what bay has done with him, but i can still appreciate impressive visual effects. everything else has been looking great so far. and i'm not hating the movie.

but if you want me gone, i can understand at this point and i'll leave that up to you all

Nobody wants you gone. Just understand that there's a LOT of people here who have a lot that "we hold dear" about G1 Starscream. Myself included. This isn't taking G1 away. It's just a new movie, that's all. It is possible to love G1 Starscream and to love Movie Starscream.... I know because I do.

First I agree with you about Atmo.

Secondly - I LOVE IT when SS lands on the Dam Bridge/Walkway and his all perched like a Bird of Prey! God that scene was so Powerglideing awesome!!! WWWOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Ironhide dodging missiles! Starscream flip transforming! God my fanwood is so powerful right now I could beat women with it!!

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree with you there Terrorcon Blot. G1 Starcream's head does not work on that body at all. I will say that if some of the elements from G1 Starscream's helmet, such as the side vents, were added to the movie head, it would improve it Overall though, that was pretty sweet.

Well I do think that the head matches the body... I mean, it's so different from G1 Starscream overall that there's really no point in trying to make it look more like him in one area.

It's just a new visual approach to the character. And I really do like it. When I look at Starscream, I see a bird of prey who will put you in a world of sh*t.

not some ghey-ass pussy robot who cringes at the first sign of Megatron JMO

Yes and no. The movie head does fit the body more, but I don't really like the shape of the helmet, particularly along the crest. Let's just say it looks like a certain part of the female anatomy, and not in a good way. I don't have as much a problem with the face, just the shape of the helmet. Al little tweeking would go a long way.

Well this is just subjective preferences.....

and it's G1 accurate for Starscream to be a big vagina

i would have to agree. i was in a pissy mood when i did the head swap. i have the pic of him still with his movie head too though

and it's G1 accurate for Starscream to be a big Clampdown

Very true, it is subjective. Nice allusion to his g1 personality too. I think what would be really interesting would be to take the G1 helmet but colored in movie colors, and place it on the movie Starcream face and modified to conform properly to that face. That would be very interesting to see. It worked with Jazz.

Also - what's awesome is now you can totally see where Bonecrusher's head is in the trailer - with his Evil Red Eyes after he rips the bus apart!

I could see where Bonecrusher's head was in the concept sketch. It sits down between his shoulders. If there is one movie design I don't like, it is his. There is absolutely no correlation between his robot mode and his alt mode. All of the other designs have at least some correlation between their modes, and you can tell what they transform into. With Bonecrusher, I can't even tell he is supposed to transform, much less into a Buffalo minesweeper.

Starscream has a cockpit on his chest and vents on the side of his head. That's way more than most movie bots have in terms of a G1 homage. Quit complaining and start appreciating what you have- a TF movie!

I just realized something. We all thought that transformation was awesome, but there are probably 25 more like it in the movie. I bet all the fans freak out in the theater ever time a tf occurs.

He also has a yellow cockpit

OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG!!!!!!!!

When Ironhide leaps and dodges that missile - when he fires the missile - the missile chamber rotates around and the missile goes into the barrel of the arm cannon. If you slow it down you can see the missiles rotating and then one goes into the cannon then immeditately fires off!!!

HOLY F'ING BALLS!!! DM IS SO HAPPY DM CAN'T STAND HIMSELF!!!

and it's G1 accurate for Starscream to be a big vagina

Very true, it is subjective. Nice allusion to his g1 personality too. I think what would be really interesting would be to take the G1 helmet but colored in movie colors, and place it on the movie Starcream face and modified to conform properly to that face. That would be very interesting to see. It worked with Jazz.

I don't see a huge similarity between G1 Jazz's face and Movie Jazz' face aside from the visor. Which is interesting to me b/c I think it demonstrates that people don't really want or need complete fidelity to the source material; just some part of it that they can hang their hat on. And for Starscream, there isn't any of that in his robot mode. It's just different. And I think that makes it harder for fans to be like "okay this is Starscream" right away.

It might have helped people more if he were still an F-15, but that aircraft is going away -- the F-22 is the direct successor to it, so that's as close as it gets there. But really, Movie Starscream really does look like some kind of evil flying creature, something like a gargoyle or a ...I dunno, something f*cking scary as hell.

Archived