Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TFormers Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What if Hotrod's face was different when he became Rodimus Prime

Recommended Posts

I wasn't a fan of Rodimus Prime's face when it became Kupesque and Megatronesque. I was wondering if it would have looked better if he gained a mouthplate like Optimus Prime. Or a mouthplate with lips like BW Primal/Galaxy Convoy? Or give him a beard and mustache, not as long as Alpha Trion but more rugged. OR even gains a visor?

  • Replies 35
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's hard for me to be objective about that... I've been used to Rodimus Prime looking the way he looked for 20 years. But personally I think that the "full face" look worked better for the character. Prime's faceplate made him less expressive, more guarded & less emotionally vulnerable if you like. That worked well with his character which was basically "strong leader guy". Rodimus Prime was a lot more open about his struggles w/ leadership, so I think the open face look worked better for him. I did like the way he looked more aged as Rodimus Prime (also the subtle changes to his body, such as giving him a fuller chest and making him a darker red). He was still very much the same person as before, just an adult version of the character.

 

I'm a bit of a Rodimus Prime fanboy though, so take that for what it's worth.

I think all Primes should have faceplates forever and ever

Gobot & MW Prime pwnz j00. :P :P

I think all Primes should have faceplates forever and ever

I want an original leader. The current Primes are not worthy enough to bare the original's likeness.

Gobot & MW Prime pwnz j00. :P :P

technically speaking, they're both repaints (thunderclash, being the leader of the turbomaster group of autobots)

 

Rodimus' face wasn't what didn't get him much respect. it was his belief in what he was capable of

Would a face plate distract from the fact that he killed Optimus?

No.

Gobot & MW Prime pwnz j00. :P :P

I was more meaning with Primal loosing his faceplate. My favorite BM design is Primal's, because he finally ditches the cliche Prime looks and becomes his OWN man. Robot. Thing.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!
SOCIAL NETWORKS

ToyNewsI MarvelousNews Tformers JediInsider
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the oldest, largest, and most popular news source for adult toy collectors (kidults) all around the world.

Get the scoop every day on all the popular culture action figures, comics, games, movies, toys, and more!

Contact and Support
Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy


All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Please Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.