Welker, Weaving Runners For Megatron Movie Role?

Peter_Van

What has been killing me is that Welker basically has been doing ANIMAL voices lately...and not talking, I'm mean dogs barking and such....Weaving would definitly add some depth....

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did read in this months toy review magazine that welker had the role wrapped up and is indeed playing megatron. if someone has any other confirmation please let us know

:tflaugh1 Welker {IS} megatron just like Cullen {IS}Prime. Its just makes sense. No matter how many different cartoons they come out with or movies are made and no matter who would make a good voice, these are the voices that will come into our heads when we hear the character names. So why not just complete the missing link and make Welker himself. MEGATRON!!! :clap

Personally, I think I prefer Weaving over Welker, for a number of reasons.

First, this Megatron will be a new character, so a new voice to suit it would be fitting.

Second, the fearsome sophistication that modern-day Megatrons brought to the table, I'm not too sure if Welker is capable to pull that off. Or rather, I think Weaving's sound would b more befitting that kind of role.

Third: This will be a series of movies, a franchise. Which means after this movie, there will be atleast another movie with a Megatron. Welker is a world-class voice talent, booth for movies and TV. His schedule would probably be a lot denser than that of Weaving, who works nearly exclusively for Hollywood cinema. It would be odd to have a Megatron with a different voice in the seocnd movie.

:tflaugh1 Welker {IS} megatron just like Cullen {IS}Prime. Its just makes sense. No matter how many different cartoons they come out with or movies are made and no matter who would make a good voice, these are the voices that will come into our heads when we hear the character names. So why not just complete the missing link and make Welker himself. MEGATRON!!! :clap

*Shrugs*

Each to their own, but I see Beast wars Megatron as the best one.

Dude with a plan, instead of a bi-weekly Doomsday device that was destined to be crap from the start.

• 2 weeks later...

if cullen is prime, then welker simply HAS to be megatron! there's no "halfway is good enough" excuse! consistency, bay, consistency!

Archived