Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TFormers Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

G.I. Joe/TF Toy Crossover?

Recommended Posts

Having Cobra Commander pilot Starscream who transforms into a Rattler, or even an F-15 Eagle, but whose robot mode resembles Starscream and not Cobra Commander, is a far better idea than having Cobra Commander piloting a jet that transformed into a robotic version of Cobra Commander. *shudders*

 

Fixed :thumb

 

Thank you Hobbes! I was gonna have a whole hissy fit about mixing up vehichles and their pilots.

  • Replies 44
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nah, you need to go headmaster style with these guys. That would be much more fun.

 

:tflaugh like this http://jizaitoys.up.seesaa.net/image/bthm.html ?

 

that would be pretty interesting. i'd like to see them more like exosquad/facemasters where the tf worked like a suit and the gi joe was inside...

Damn it Piggy, pay attention :tard

Damn it! You got me. My browser wouldn't open the original posted link initially and I didn't even realize that it was the same link. I thought it was a cool idea when I originally saw the link posted in the custom\kitbash section. I love the emoticon syntax =tard :tflaugh

 

I'd like to see the whole idea retroed a bit. Use World War II boats, planes, and land vehicles for Transformer alt modes crossed with vintage GI-Joes styled bot modes.

Nice to know you didn't go all emo and have your feelings hurt. :tftongue

 

That headmaster Hound is a pretty cool idea and I get a kick out of watching it. :tflaugh

I once saw a G2 megatron custom that had Cobra Commander as his headmaster. I can't find any picture though. It was pretty sweet. :thumb

Nah, you need to go headmaster style with these guys. That would be much more fun.

 

:tflaugh like this http://jizaitoys.up.seesaa.net/image/bthm.html ?

 

that would be pretty interesting. i'd like to see them more like exosquad/facemasters where the tf worked like a suit and the gi joe was inside...

Damn it Piggy, pay attention :tard

Damn it! You got me. My browser wouldn't open the original posted link initially and I didn't even realize that it was the same link. I thought it was a cool idea when I originally saw the link posted in the custom\kitbash section. I love the emoticon syntax =tard :tflaugh

 

I'd like to see the whole idea retroed a bit. Use World War II boats, planes, and land vehicles for Transformer alt modes crossed with vintage GI-Joes styled bot modes.

 

 

 

There was already a WWII TF/GI Joe crossover comic series... It totally rocked. Bumblebee as a Harley with a sidecar (Scarlett rides him and he LIKES it!), Ironhide as an M8 Greyhound armored car, Prime as an artillery tractor with a big honkin' gun... Megs was a Luger, and Ravage was a grenade. Starscream as a P-51 Mustang... Oh MAN I'd love to see toys made of those suckers!

 

As for Pretenders...

 

:puke

 

I hate Pretenders.

Joe fans wouldn't like WWII Vehicles

Joe fans wouldn't like WWII Vehicles

 

 

I would disagree with that. There are lots of highly accurate 1:18 (GI Joe-Scaled) WWII toys out there that Joe fans love (the ones who can afford them, that is--they're mighty expensive). Fighter planes, tanks, half-tracks, all kinds of great stuff. Yeah, some are being bought by collectors, but some also go to Joe fans. Whether kids would buy them or not is another question. But I think the combination of TFs, Joe characters as perhaps mini-figures that come with the TFs, and realistic vehicle modes would sell pretty well.

Whoever came up with SWTFs needs to be kicked in the crotch quickly before we end up with a GIJoeTF line where we have Joe/COBRA vehicles transforming into robotic likenesses of Joe/COBRA people... ewww.

Let's just mash G.I.Joe, Transformers and Star Wars into one line.

 

 

"Pretender Jar Jar reveals Wheelie with Snake Eyes Headmaster"

I would get a boner if I ever saw a Transforming H.i.S.S Tank on the shelf.

 

 

 

I hope at least they might end up as the occasional 6inch Titanium. What with them improving on their designing and production

  • 2 weeks later...

I'd love the idea of using the scale of the SW TFs while having robots similar to real TF characters. I'd prefer a majority of G1 to crossover with the Joes, but a few new faces couldn't hurt.

 

The major thing that I don't see listed here is that I think each toy should come with 2 Joes. The problem is that many of the vehicles had drivers who weren't the star characters. Yet, there was usually space for more figures. So having 2 in a pack could work if they could make the space.

 

And I would keep the leaders all seperated. So Starscream as a Rattler with Wild Weasel and Cobra Commander would make complete sense to me (rather than pairing Cobra Commander with Megatron). So would Hound as a Vamp with Clutch and Mutt.

 

I don't think that specialties would always need pairing, but they could also get away with Ratchet as some new emergency vehicle (or a familiar vehicle like the Hammer retrofit as an emergency vehicle) with Doc and/or Lifeline.

 

And Optimus and Megatron would be better as the larger vehicles. Prime as the Thunderclap looked really cool.

 

I think with this sort of thing, the real fun would be in finding what mix they could bring us while also giving classic items a new look (as they have done with the TF Classics line).

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!
SOCIAL NETWORKS

ToyNewsI MarvelousNews Tformers JediInsider
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the oldest, largest, and most popular news source for adult toy collectors (kidults) all around the world.

Get the scoop every day on all the popular culture action figures, comics, games, movies, toys, and more!

Contact and Support
Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy


All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Please Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.