Prices of Classics at TRU

Satan's Camaro

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I get the feeling that TRU is going to price themselves out of competition with Target and Walmart... :roll

Technically, the problem isn't that TRU overprices things but Target and Walmart actually underprice them. Both Target and Walmart use toys as "loss leaders" which is a marketing strategy to get customers into the store - they actually tend to lose money on toys, but once a customer is in the store they usually buy a bunch of other crap with much better profit margins.

Ach! They are going on Kay Bee prices. I say we boycot Toy's R Us untill they have something else thats cool. Sad thing though is that My local Wallychron hasen't even stocked the deluxe figures of Classics yet. It's a conspiracy I say!

It's shoplifters that are part of the problem. One of my dad's friends is an economist. He tells me that shoplifters are part of the problem because when they take an item, the store loses money, and if it happens enough, they have to raise prices to make up for the financial loss of the lifted items.

Also, the economy in general can have something to do with it. Or the value of the American dollar has gone up or down and they want to prevent losses.

True but that theory makes no sense when applied to this situtation. Classics have not been out that long and to raise prices on one particular brand of one size of one line item vs. all items in the store to offset some shoplifters will never work. People will go to Wal-Mart, Target ect... Since TRU wants to stay afloat and compete with Wal-Mart they wouldn't do that in that manner.

Archived