Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TFormers Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

TF histories/Stories and more

Recommended Posts

(misposted)

1984: I'm born

1985: 1 year old

1986: I start to get into Transformers, at this point I watch the show, but don't have any of the toys. But I get to see the movie in the theater.

1987: I watch the TV series religiously and have my father tape it for me. I start to get some of the toys, but I also get a lot of Gobots due to them being so much cheaper.

1988: I hit the motherload this Christmas and literally double my TF collection in one day. The most prized addition (as a kid) is PowerMaster Optimus Prime my first leader figure. But the best as a collector is Reflector.

1989: My obsession gets worse even though the figure's quality is steadily declined, but as a kid I didn't care. This year I also find Galvatron on clearance at KB and beg my mom to get it for me. I discover the Marvel comic, but I only have three issues from early in the run.

1990: I continue to be obsessed with TFs, and become extremely disappointed when the lines end.

1991: I move on to other things like TMNT.... and lots and lots of video games.

1992: This Christmas my parents surprise me with basically the entire first wave of G2. I finally get the S1/S2 characters I had been longing for forever.

1993: I discover the G2 comic and get a subscription, only to have it end at issue 12. I also find the G2 cartoon but I was extremely disappointed it was butchered episodes of G1 and not something new.

1994: My G2 collection grows even though I wish the characters were in their G1 colors.

1995: G2 ends, leaving me again disappointed. But towards the end of that year I hear rumors of new beast Transformers.

1996: I get a few Beast Wars Transformers, but they aren't the same... until I see the three episode pilot for the show. I'm hooked again, but not to the degree I was during G1.

1997: I get several of the original Beast Wars toys and wake up early every morning to see the show.

1998: I stop getting the BW toys, but I still follow the show. When the G1 TFs and Ravage show up in the Agenda I have a fangasim. I discover the online TF community and realize that other people still like G1. I learn of various things like the Unicron proto, and the Japanese series which sound really odd and confusing by the online plot outlines. I also discover eBay... which leads me getting some of the cheaper G1 figures I never had like the minibots.

1999: I stop buying toys. BW ends, with what I consider a statisfying ending. That I know there is another series on the way thanks to the internet.

2000: I watch the premier of Beast Machines 3 times in the same day since I taped it. I tape it every week so I can watch it on my own time.

2001: Due to Fox's schedule changes and several VCR mishaps I miss the second half of the second season of BM. I write it off and learn that we will be getting Japan's Car Robots.

2002: I try to watch Robots in Disguise, but after 6 episodes I call it quits.

2003: I find Armada flipping through channels one day, but after seeing that its in a similar style to RiD it loses my interest immediately. Later that year I see Unicron and have a "bout time moment" but don't buy him since he's $50 and I don't buy toys anymore.

2004: I start buying the original TF series on DVD. One night at the grocery store I see 20th Prime. I'm amazed at it but don't pick it up partially due to its price tag. I learn of the new TF movie, I slowly start to reconnect with the online community as an observer. I learn of the new comics, Alternators, and everything I missed. I eventually resort to eBay to get 20th Prime since I can't find him anymore, and I snag Unicron for cheap too. I'm back in, I start with just what would be the "collector's" figures, but I eventually end up buying a little of everything.

2005: I gain a massive amount of TFs, including most the Hasbro reissues, and I start posting here too much. I start watching fansubs of the Japanese TF series.

Present: I've started to scale back on my TF collecting due to a decrease in interest (again) partially because I can't afford to keep collecting them en mass, that and there is no new fiction other than the IDW comic.

Let me think about this a bit.

 

1984: By sheer luck/chance, at age 4 (soon to be 5) I happen to catch the very first episode of Transformers as it aired.

 

1985: At this point, I watched a fair amount of Transformers, but since my family wasn't the richest at the time, I owned mostly Gobots toys. I also met Leader-1 at a car show. I got a Huffer and Scavenger (which I lost the latter mere weeks after getting it). I remember my first thought of stealing TFs, when I was at a drug store (mind you I was 6 at this point) where there were loose toys of Prowl and Ironhide. I don't know why they were loose tho. Also, my Kindergarden "girlfriend" invited me over to her house, where I discover that her brother has a large amount of TFs (I remember Reflector, Soundwave, and a bunch of other guys).

 

1986: It was this time I remember actually getting a Transformer from the store (might have been 1987), and it was Octane from Gold Circle (now defunct).

 

1987: I remember renting the (redbox) FHE TFTM movie and having to leave the house I was watching it in around the time the shuttle landed on the planet of Junk. That scene of Junk through the front windows of the shuttle will soon haunt me for the next decade or so. I get Ultra Magnus for my birthday.

 

1988: I finally bought my first ever Transformer with my own money. I won the jackpot at a Bingo game in Salamanca NY (which was $200) and I bought Powermaster Optimus Prime! I also remember getting Doubledealer for Christmas (the only TF I had from a kid that I still have all the parts for it).

 

1989-1992: No idea what happened during this period of time specifically. I know I got more TFs, and played with some that my cousin had. That is about it.

 

1993: I had moved to a new town and G2 toys were out in their full swing. I was just a kid, and all the TFs that I gotten were stolen by me from local stores. I had stopped doing that and still think I should have to rebuy those 4 TFs I had gotten. I did buy one, it was Bumblebee. This was also the first time I discovered TF newsgroups, or discussions, by way of the legendary HyperTerminal.

 

1994-1997: The Beast Era had come to pass and I scoffed at the idea of there only being animals as Transformers. I outright refused to buy the toys, or even attempt to watch the TV show. I was, however, making the most of buying Machine Wars toys, in the vain hopes that it would take off. Being totally offended by the Beast Wars nonsense (and also being in High School) I had taken up the fine art of smashing and burning things. Of those, included MOST of my Transformers, including Ultra Magnus and parts of Powermaster Optimus Prime.

 

1998: One fine morning I had tuned into a Beast Wars episode by mistake, and figured I would try it out. It was "The Web". It was mildly entertaining, but not enough for me to do anything about it. Then Starscream showed up. That changed everything. I had then gone out and bought Transmetals Cheetor (since only re-runs were being shown at the time.) I was also the receiver of many "gifts" for "money" aka my friend stole his Afterburner brother's toys and sold them to me (Shockwave, Jetfire and Onslaught). Also bought my first videotape online. It was TFTM Canadian version. It was the first time I got to watch it on video in its entirety.

 

1999: I had moved out of the house for the first time, and onto a farm where I was working. It was the first place I had been to that had shelves for me to utilise. Suffice it to say, about 90% of my weekly paycheck (on farm wages none-the-less) were spent on Beast Wars toys. I had even started recording the shows onto VHS. Beast Machines came out and I was doomed to watch that show on the puny Black and White television set that I had owned at the time. To this day, aside from the KB Toys Beast Machines videos, I have seen a large portion of that series in Black and White. I also started college in this year and made my first website that was hosted by an actual company (for 2 years previously I was making offline websites). I had joined my first web community (it may have been in late 1998) called Primus Comics, led by Ethan99. And included such personalities as Metalformer and even that infamous guy who dressed up as Optimus Prime.

 

2000: I had since moved back home and gotten a real job. It was in this year I started watching Car Robots episodes in Quicktime format from TFW2005. I also joined that messageboard but I wasn't real big on posting at that time. I used the name Bludgeon. That account still exists as far as I know, but the email account I had it set up for is long since gone.

 

2001: This was the first time I decided I wanted to make a Transformers only website. I had a ginormous list of names to go through, and it took me about 45 minutes of trying domain names before I encountered Tripredacus.net. It was then that I stopped using the name Bludgeon for accounts (except for in multi-player gaming, most notably Quake 3, Starcraft and Diablo II) and started using the name Tripredacus. A coworker of mine named Glenn (aka Zillabot), noticed that I was into Transformers and got me to register an account on Allspark.com. This was back on EZBoard, and I couldn't tell you when that stuff happened. Another co-worker or mine, named David Miller (how generic eh?) ran an anime club at a local university, and had ties with the management at Anime North. Somehow, he managed to get me onto the Transformers Panel for Anime North 2001! When I got there, the 3 other Panel guys hadn't shown up, and there was only this one other guy (whom I forgot his name) and when I got there, they lost my registration and I didn't get the right badge. So I still answered people's questions (inclunding an argument with one of the fans about how there was no Diaclone cartoon) but from the crowd instead of the table. I also managed to piss off a couple TF site admins/artists, including the guy who did the Flash animations for TFW2005 and M Sipher, mostly because I follow the "if its on the internet, its public domain" style of making websites.

 

2002: For some odd reason, I decided to stop collecting TFs. I was at about 425 of them at this time. This was also the year that my webhosting company F'ed me over by charging me some weird fees and things. I had to cancel my account but they kept charging me fees. I ended up filing and EFT fraud complaint against them with my bank and won the money back. For about 8 months, my site only had 1 page that told my webhosting company off. Then I didn't have internet for a long time.

 

2004: I got new hosting for my website finally, from a friend of mine who worked for a college. I put up a website there and had another friend host the DNS for my site. It was a pretty lame setup since the college servers wouldn't always be accessable because of their ISP. I still use those sites now to host my images, avatar and sig (most of the time).

 

2005: I can't remember exactly, but I figure that was my first time here. After being banned at the Allspark, I had become a poster at Praxus. Those were fun times. I started posting here around... oh... December 26 (yea I was banned on Christmas)... So you should know everything that happened after that.

 

Other things that happened that I can't remember when:

-Formed A Secret collector's club with fellow TFans Lio Kaiser (Allspark), and a couple other chums that I haven't seen online in a long time.

-Met TFans Neroman or "Neroman is Awesome" (depending on the site) at the bar I had worked for.

-Received rave reviews when DJing a particular Tony Bacala song at a club (I forget which song atm), when it was requested I replay it three times.

-Partook in my first online "fan transaction" when I went to target and purchased an additional RID Cryotek (not to be confused with his Visionaries counterpart) for Destron on the Allspark boards.

-Bought my first Diaclone toy by for $20.

-Only bought a Car-Bot Brave Maximus and Armada Wheeljack in my 2 years of not collecting.

 

Edit: thx Cabal, I also remember waking up one morning to watch Beast Wars before work and it was the Agenda. When Ravage transformed into a tape for the first time it was the craziest feeling ever. It was like the best day of my life. I still remember it. Maybe the new movie will recreate that for me!

 

Probably some other stuff. Thanks to Shakey for great threads.

1993: I had moved to a new town and G2 toys were out in their full swing. I was just a kid, and all the TFs that I gotten were stolen by me from local stores.

I never stole anything as a kid. Shame on you.

 

I had stopped doing that and still think I should have to rebuy those 4 TFs I had gotten. I did buy one, it was Bumblebee.

Yeah... that would be the shame I just placed on you accelerating beyond the speed of light and travelling back 13 years in time and making you feel guilty about racking those Transformers. Now go convince some American celebrity to adopt an orphan from Pawtucket Rhode Island!

 

This was also the first time I discovered TF newsgroups, or discussions, by way of the legendary HyperTerminal.

zOMG!! I remember HyperTerminal!! But there I wasn't able to find any TF newsgroups in any of the boards I dialed onto... :( Mind you, online communities were relatively far more localised compared to the internet. Back then you were just amazed to be chatting with people living in different post codes! Oooh! Anyone from another country became an instant celebrity.

 

...man... what a nostalgia rush...

 

Being totally offended by the Beast Wars nonsense (and also being in High School) I had taken up the fine art of smashing and burning things. Of those, included MOST of my Transformers, including Ultra Magnus and parts of Powermaster Optimus Prime.

C'mere... closer... closer... *SMACK!!* BAD!! *shoves your face into your own feces* NO! NO! NO! *thwap thwap thwap*

 

You should commit some act of penance for having done that. I dare ya to go chaste for the rest of the year. I DAREZ YA!! ;)

1984: I'm living in Taiwan at 12 years of age, and could have picked up a sh*tload of sweet Diaclone stuff if I'd known it at the time. As it is, I ended up with a Japanese version of that Go-Bot Loco. Meh.

 

1985: Back in the US, I see Soundwave/Buzzsaw, Megatron, Shockwave, Starscream at a drug store and think "hey cool, they have transforming robots here too". I get Soundwave/Buzzsaw. It goes from there. I also discover the show, which much to my embarrassment I have to watch in front of my master's-degree-in-medieval-French-literature-having mom, who is less than impressed with the dialogue from "A Decepticon Raider in King Arthur's Court". D'oh.

 

1986: Movie mania grips me, though at 14 I'm too ashamed to ask my parents to take me to see the movie. I comfort myself with more toys and more hunting down of season 1 episodes at the local video store. Wee.

 

1987: I finally see the movie and it becomes my favorite thing ever in my life, along with Pink Floyd and masturbation. Naturally, I start making masturbatory Transformers videos set to Pink Floyd music.... I'd already seen Season 3 by this point, which seemed a lot cooler before having seen the movie.

 

1988: The show ends and even though I loved Rebirth, the show is so.... over. I console myself with Powermaster Prime, though the sight of my first Pretenders commercial makes me decide that Transformers are now officially dead to me.

 

1989: I think I bought a couple Micromaster jets.

 

1990: I go to college and really am not interested in Transformers.

 

1991: Ditto.

 

1992: Ditto. Except now I'm interested in Star Wars (again) and comics (for the first time) because they released the trilogy on VHS and I roomed with a fanboy (before they had a word for that). He was never into Transformers, so that stayed dormant.

 

1993: I get engaged, and pay for it publicly, at the hands of my fraternity brothers. Toys not important at the moment.

 

1994: I realize that they're still making Transformers and buy a couple Cyberjets. They're cool and all, but they have no faces.

 

1995: I see G2 Megatron on clearance. I laugh because, yeah a green and purple tank Megatron is going to be on clearance. LOL IRONY I also get more into Star Wars again thanks to Micro Machines and the release of the trilogy on VHS again. (pattern forming)

 

1996: I get married. I also see some random BW guy and decide to get him, even though the whole idea of animal Transformers is freaking Bizarro world.

 

1997: I'm all freaky for Star Wars again because of the Special Editions, which I didn't initially realize were artistic bastardizations and stuff.

 

1998: My first son is born; I'm all excited because of this new Star Wars trilogy that's going to come out. I discover the interwebs and get all hyped about starwars.com's pictures of a Naboo Starfighter and some extras on Tatooine.

 

1999: Phantom Menace'D. I did buy some weird-looking blue and yellow "Beast Machines" jet because thank goodness they were finally making something that wasn't a freaking rat or a pig again. I ended up chucking it though. Oh and there was this cool Matrix movie that I saw.

 

2000: Still in Phantom Menace land. Not much going on TF-wise.

 

2001: OMFGWTFBBQ HOLY F*CKING SH*T REAL F*CKING TRANSFORMERS I SWEAR I F*CKING SAW THEM AT BABBAGE'S OMFG!!!!!1 so yeah I get back into TFs because of the beauty that is the RiD Car Brothers, and later Prime and Magnus. All else pales in significance. Until Lord of the Rings comes out and then it's like OMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFG I FREAKING BROKE DOWN CRYING WHEN THEY SHOWED GOLLUM IN THE PROLOGUE BECAUSE IT WAS THAT AWESOME

 

2002: RiD is followed up with Armada, and TPM is followed up with Attack of the Clones. Fanwang in danger of flaccidity!! Thank goodness for Spider-Man and OMFG THE TWO TOWERS OMFGOMFGOMFG WELL ACTUALLY I DIDN'T ENJOY IT QUITE AS MUCH AS THE FIRST SINCE I GOT LAID OFF RIGHT BEFORE I SAW THE MOVIE AND THAT WAS KIND OF A DAMPER ON STUFF but hey I got another son too, so that was cool.

 

2003: At this point I'm starting to be like "f*ck, is Transformers going to always be boring and lame like this?" Energon is just not doing it for me. I focus more on LotR and RETURN OF THE KING OMFGOMFGOMFGOMFG WELL I WOULD HAVE ENJOYED IT A LOT MORE IF THE THEATER HAD BEEN EMPTY BECAUSE PEOPLE MAKE NOISES AND TALK AND STUFF AND YOU HATE THEM FOR NOT CARING AS MUCH AS YOU DO SINCE YOU'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS FOR LIKE 20 YEARS

 

2004: Hey that's a sweet Optimus Prime! And Smokescreen? Whoa that rules! What? "Register"? F*ck, I guess I have to sign up at this board to post comments...........

 

 

that was a great post :tflaugh

Ok...

TF's and Me:

 

1984:

4 years old.

Didn't know Transformers existed. I was a HUGE, HUGE Go-Bots fan at the time. Loved it. Had Cy-Kill, Leader-1, Cop-Tur, Tank, Crasher, Turbo, and others.

 

1985:

5 years old.

Discovered Transformers. Thought they were just Go-Bots rip-offs and were gonna be crap. I picked up Ironhide and read his Tech Specs. I fell in love with TF's instantly. I went around the whole toy section just reading the Tech Specs! Transformers were cooler, better toys and they had an awesome storyline with the figures that just hooked me. I wanted and begged for Transformers, I wanted them so I could act out parts of the Tech Specs. This is also when my love for Ironhide as my favorite TF would begin. I started watching the cartoon, fell in love with Ironhide (more so than before), the Dinobots, Jazz, Prowl, Brawn, Soundwave and Megatron. I never looked at Go-Bots the same way again, in fact I kind of just forgot they existed.

For Christmas I got: Ironhide, Jazz, Cliffjumper, Skywarp, and Prowl.

 

1986:

6 years old.

Got more into TFs. Started liking Blaster, Warpath, Cosmos, Beachcomber, Dirge, Ramjet, and Astrotrain while watching Season Two of G1. Didn't know TFTM even came out or anything.

For my Birthday I got: Megatron, Soundwave w/Buzzsaw, Dirge, Brawn, Cosmos, and Warpath.

 

1987:

7 years old.

Discovered TFTM at a local video store and was floored as I didn't know the movie even existed. Rented the movie. During the Attack on the Shuttle in the beginning I was shocked. Prowl, Brawn, Ratchet, and Ironhide all died! Four of my favorite TF's of all time just got killed off! IRONHIDE WAS F'ING SLAUGHTERED POINT BLANK!!! I literally sat there, stunned while the movie kept going, but I couldn't think. I had to get up and rewind the movie back to where Ironhide died and re-watch what had played afterwards to comprehend it, since I was so shocked at Ironhide's death.

That Year I got: Snarl, Sludge, Slag, Blaster, Eject, Steeljaw, Beachcomber, Afterburner, Strafe, Nosecone, Slugfest, Overkill, Hun-Grrr, Sinnertwin, Blot, and Misfire

 

1988:

8 years old.

My older, cool Cousin gives me his Hound, Thundercracker, "Frenzy" (who was really Rumble), and Blitzwing. All of them are a bit roughed up, but nothing too bad. I rent TFTM every month for a weekend for the entire year.

I also got: Rollbar, Freeway, Chase, Landmine, Flywheels, and Skullgrin for my Birthday. And then I got Powermaster Optimus Prime, Brainstorm, Quickmix, Hosehead, Nightbeat, Quake, and Cutthroat throughout the rest of the year, with Christmas giving me PM Prime, Nightbeat, and Quickmix.

 

1989:

9 years old.

Bought my first VHS Tape ever. TF G1 episode "Transport to Oblivion".

Micromasters come out, and I fall in love with them, buying as many as I could. Really loved all of them. I decide to check into this Transformers Comic being put out by Marvel (little did I know it was pretty much over by the time I got into it). This is also when I got out of being a casual comic book fan and into becoming a major comic book fanboy completely. Requested more comics than toys this year. Began a slight interest in drawing and maybe becoming an artist.

I also get: Quickswitch, Pretender Jazz, Pretender Bumblebee, Razorclaw, Headstrong, and Rampage

 

1990:

10 years old.

I continue with my Micromasters obsession, buying almost nothing but Micromasters. Still was more into comics than toys overall. Also by this point I had gotten a fever for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and they were slowly overpowering my love for most of the TF's I had. I began getting really into drawing and reading comics a lot. Spent hours and hours drawing everyday.

Still managed to also get: Motormaster, Brawl, Swindle, Bonecrusher, Long Haul, Scavenger, and Kickback somehow around this year. I think I got them in trades with other kids.

 

1991:

Found TFTM at a video store for sale. Bought it immediately and for the first time owned it.

By this point I was more obsessed with TMNT and traded off and sold several of my TF's to get more TMNT toys. TFTM was still my favorite movie of all time at this point. Began getting even more into comics and drawing.

 

1992:

Still into Ninja Turtles pretty heavy, began collecting the TMNT comics, along with my steady comic diet of Batman, Green Lantern, Aquaman, X-Men, Spider-Man, Hulk, Avengers, and Iron Man. Went back and re-watched ThunderCats, Inhumanoids, Silverhawks, and Visionaries. Really got into Visionaries and Inhumanoids. Tried to find a bunch of the toys from those two lines. Transformers kinda got ignored by me.

 

1993:

G2 Started and I got into the toyline. My interests in Ninja Turtles began going away as the toys became less interesting to me. However I was still into the Ninja Turtles comics.

G2 I got: Jazz, Slag, Grimlock, Snarl, Beachcomber, Seaspray, Bumblebee, Hubcap, Starscream, Ramjet, and All 6 Constructicons.

 

1994:

Got into G2 Comics heavily. Collected them all and really enjoyed them immensely. They become my favorite Transformers comics at the time. This was also during my big X-Men and Spider-Man years, where I was in a constant search for anything relating to X-Men and Spidey.

 

1995:

Still in a frenzy for X-Men and Spider-Man stuff. Began branching out into other types of comics, including more Indie stuff. Concetrated on working towards being an artist. Really enjoyed art, drawing, painting, and wanted to start the steps to getting into an art college.

 

1996:

Saw Beast Wars Transformers toys and was like "um...o-kay?? WTF?" Picked up a couple of the small ones including Bat Primal vs Croc Megs. They were cool but not really that great to me at the time. Sold off a ton of my old toys during this year.

 

1997:

Started watching Beast Wars show. Fell in love with the characters, dialogue, and stories instantly. The stories reminded me a bit of how I used to picture the Tech Specs stories of G1 in my head. Became a big fan of the Transmetal TF's. Graduated High School.

 

1998:

Picked up a bunch of Beast Wars toys, including Magnaboss. Don't remember much about this year honestly past that.

 

1999:

Got Optimal Optimus and Tigerhawk. Hated seeing Beast Wars end. Not much happened this year.

 

2000:

Spent a lot of time gathering up loan approvals, grants, and just extra money to help my parents pay my college. Tried to get into Beast Machines, but I didn't like it at the time and I hated the BM toys. I also began getting into Anime around this time, after watching Akira, Evangelion, and a few other Animes.

 

2001:

Finally got into the college I wanted...Savannah College of Art & Design. Was ready to become an artist.

Spent most of my toy-collecting time buying older G1 figures here and there, including MISB First Aid, Groove, Blades, Vortex, Swindle, and Brawl. TF: RID came out and I really liked the Car Bros and Prime and Magnus. Enjoyed RID cartoon for what it was, a quirky comedy TF offshoot. Become known for my love of Transformers and other 80's Cartoons by a lot of other college guys. I began making bootleg Transformers, TMNT, and ThunderCats tapes for people to make extra side-money.

 

2002:

Dating in College turned into some heartbreak and a total bust really. So I gave up on that and focused more on collecting comics, doing artwork, and picking up the occassional cool toy. Armada came out, I tried watching it, but just didn't enjoy it. I got some more of TF: RID and loved them. Got RID Scourge and he is still a favorite TF of mine...easily in my Top-Ten Fav TF Figures.

 

2003:

I picked up a couple of Armada toys, including Wheeljack, Deluxe/Super-Con Prime, and Thrust. I got into the Armada Mini-Cons cause they reminded me of my once-beloved Micromasters. So I bought as many Mini-Cons as I could get at the time. I also picked up a few G1 Re-Issues.

 

2004:

Graduated College, but due to financial troubles was forced to move back in with my Parents for about 8 months. Registered at TFans, met some cool people, became friends with Hunter Rose. Tried to watch TF: Energon but didn't like it much. However, it was better than Armada. Didn't buy very many figures this year, due to financies and needing to save money. Did get into Alternators though. Loved 'em, best TF's ever at the time. Got each Alternator that came out this year.

 

2005:

Moved to Atlanta to work in Animation. I ignored a lot of the TF: Energon toyline, bought a couple figures here and there, mostly Deluxes and Galvatron. Watched all of Super-Link, didn't like 80-85% of it honestly. But the episodes with Inferno switching to a Decepticon and the actual hand-drawn/traditional animation here and there in the later episodes held my interest for a bit...particularly the traditionally-animated Galvatron episodes. Cybertron came out and I just let it go after watching the first two episodes (just didn't like it). Didn't buy any Cybertron figures except Dark Scorponok and Vector Prime (who broke a short time later). Hunter Rose bought me Red alert though. Spent my time getting G1 DVDs, G1 Re-Issues, and Alternators.

 

2006:

Worked in Animation. Loved it! Worked on some cool stuff for Cartoon Network.

Left working in Atlanta to be with my girlfriend, full time living together. Heh...

Bought several Cybertron figures...including Optimus Prime. Played catch-up on getting some decent Cybertron figures and Alternators. Eventually got TF: Classics and they are everything I've wanted from a toyline since Alternators began and I'm very happy with them.

1984 - 87 Nothing

1988 - Born

1989 - 91 - OMFG Trucks and Cars to Robots! *Watches cartoon

1992 - Loads up on G2 Jazz, Sideswipe, and Optimus Prime

1993-95 - Uh... I think I got Seaspray over that time

1996 - Beast Wars, got K9 and Buzzsaw, BW takes over

1998 - Transmetals Primal, Rattrap, Cheetor, Rampage, Optimal Optimus, Magnaboss. More or less, lots of good guys.

2001 - RiD, get's Runination and Railbot figures.

2002-2004 - Let's just skip Armada K THX. Alternators, best thing ever, MP Prime.

2005 - Energon Saber, Alternators still in full swing, some minor figures from Energon. Cybertron.

2006 - Getting selective on what I buy, limits to price and size come up. With Titaniums, Alternators, and Classics. Also getting figures I never had from G1.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!
SOCIAL NETWORKS

ToyNewsI MarvelousNews Tformers JediInsider
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the oldest, largest, and most popular news source for adult toy collectors (kidults) all around the world.

Get the scoop every day on all the popular culture action figures, comics, games, movies, toys, and more!

Contact and Support
Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy


All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Please Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.