I can't afford the hobby anymore

Rapid Run

I think that for now I'll be leaving the fandom for a while. Economic stuff has comed up and now I can't even afford one of the 3'' cans. :redface There's a lot of good stuff that's going to be coming out soon but I can't just can't afford it anymore. There are a lot of better things that I can use my money on instead of a piece of plastic. So for now, I'll say goodbye to the fandom until the money problems are solved.

*feels this was a bit emo-ish*

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I respect your honesty. It's all too often that I see people hating on everything, but then when the truth comes out, it's that they simply can't afford it. I can understand that too. It's an expensive hobby. Plus, that's all it is; a hobby. Good luck, man. We'll be here when you decide to come back.

been there. right now its like "what do i need more... new botcon set or a new phone? or food... :redface."

hope you get things in order.

I feel for you. I've been there. But you don't have to quit cold turkey. Being a fan doesn't just mean you plunk over money to HasTak.

*ups emo factor*

With the exception of the cost of your internet, hanging out on message boards and sharing the joy that the franchise brings you is totally free. You don't have to focus on the toy buying aspect of the fandom.

Start a discussion about your favorite episode from the past, or post some fan art that pays tribute to your favorite character. Starscream about/praise the movie designs. Start a poll to find out who else loves some obscure character as much as you do.

Being a fan doesn't have to cost money.

Again, my best to you, man. Hope everything works out.

I think that for now I'll be leaving the fandom for a while. Economic stuff has comed up and now I can't even afford one of the 3'' cans. :redface There's a lot of good stuff that's going to be coming out soon but I can't just can't afford it anymore. There are a lot of better things that I can use my money on instead of a piece of plastic. So for now, I'll say goodbye to the fandom until the money problems are solved.

Yep, I can definitely relate. After Cybertron is capped I really really want to cut back and start getting prioritys in order. Moving out of my apartment is a big one I'm considering for the next year and that unfortunately takes a Blotload of money. Moreso that I can realistically comprehend but for it to happen somethings gotta give and right now it looks like it'll be my hobbys. As said Transformers aren't a priority but damn are they fun but unfortunately fun doesn't pay a mortgage.

Ah well as Hobbes-timus Prime you don't need to spend money to be part of the fandom. Right now I'm spending next to nothing on TFs compared to last year and the fandom is still as much fun if not more.

Here's to hoping you decide to stick around :beer

If not best of luck with what happens. :clap

I feel for you. I've been there. But you don't have to quit cold turkey. Being a fan doesn't just mean you plunk over money to HasTak.

*ups emo factor*

With the exception of the cost of your internet, hanging out on message boards and sharing the joy that the franchise brings you is totally free. You don't have to focus on the toy buying aspect of the fandom.

Start a discussion about your favorite episode from the past, or post some fan art that pays tribute to your favorite character. Starscream about/praise the movie designs. Start a poll to find out who else loves some obscure character as much as you do.

Being a fan doesn't have to cost money.

That'd be me. I spend a ton of time on these boards but have yet to spend any money on toys (I live vicariously through everybody else here).

I know what you mean. I was complaining when R.I.D. had Ultra Magnus selling for $50 CDN - I was complaining how expensive it was back then. Little did I know inflation caught up so quickly.

Archived