I can't afford the hobby anymore

Rapid Run

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hey man i know where you are at this point. I'm there now to cuz of some economic mishaps i made i am not able to purchase any tf at all. But when i get my things back in order i hope that some of the good stuff is still available and yes i will be online very single day cuz i don't want to turn my back on my own FAMILY here!!!!!.

Good choice there, bills and more important things first after all. Wish I had the same kind of committments that others do, all I've got that's becoming a problem is some kind of stomach bug that's stopping me from eating the food when needed. Something I've dealt with before, so not important.

The worse thing with bills is only when you think you've gotten a full hold of them and then something happens that throws all your budgeting into a mess for a while. Just admire the pictures of whatever's going to be coming out over time, personally if I weren't collecting TF's, I would be buying a lot of books after the usual bills are dealt with. Books, books, glorious books.

-.,`'

Well with a wedding coming up, I'm cutting down my spending on TFs DRASTICALLY. I've come to the decision that in order for me to buy a figure, I will sell one as well. This also helps the fact that I really have little space to display my TFs. 95% of them are in storage boxes, so its a waste.

I never thought I was addicted to anything, but I think TFs are it!

I know how that is. I haven't been able to buy any Transformers for about 3 whole months now. It feels weird. I haven't gotten a single paycheck since the beginning of July (and that was for $70), and unemployment is still processing my claim. So I have had NO MONEY FOR ANYTHING for quite awhile now.

Just because you can't afford it doesn't mean you have to leave. You can just take a break for awhile. Like I said in another thread, I didn't buy any TFs for 2 years because I was getting bored of it. I started up again just in 2005 when I started watching the Galaxy Force show.

I'd like to thank you all for the comments but I've made my decision and I've decided to leave the fandom for a while. It's been great hanging around here in the forums but I think it's best for me if I cut back on anything tf related. If I have too, I might sell some of my tf's for some cash but I hope it doesn't come down to that.

I respect your honesty. It's all too often that I see people hating on everything, but then when the truth comes out, it's that they simply can't afford it. I can understand that too. It's an expensive hobby. Plus, that's all it is; a hobby. Good luck, man. We'll be here when you decide to come back.

I tried to agree with this earlier (dont know why It didn't post) I think the main reason people complain about alot of things is because they cant afford it. Like people that claim one video game system is better than the one they dont own. I used to do that till I started buying multiple systems and cutting out the drama.

Yeah, I'm in the same situation. After this month, I'm going to have to take a break from buying G1. Actually, take a break from buying any of the TFs. I need to calm down and focus on my classes. It doesn't help to be a graduate student at one of the most expensive schools in PA. :redface

Also, I hope taking a break from searching like a mad man on ebay and on the boards will recharge me.

Archived