Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TFormers Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Transformers live-action movie.

Recommended Posts

I really don't get it.

 

No mass shifting basically means Bay and co can't cheat with the transfomations or either mode. Every individual piece of whatever vehicle used has to be able to be manipulated in way to suit both modes without losing any of it. As amazing as the alt line is they are in no way realistically presented. Not exactly shell formers but each vehicle sacrificed nearly everything that holds a real vehicle together for the bot mode pieces. Bay simply can't do this. He approached this realistically and as an ending result I find the streamlined exoframed bot modes fairly believable. Considering Prime is what is it 32 feet tall I honestly can see how Prime would look the way he does. Same with Bumblebee, and any others. You only have so much room to fit a robot within the confined space of a semi/car. It obviously doesn't take a super genius to figure any of this out. Bay and Co have IMO done absolutely nothing wrong they just gave us realistic transforming robots probably the only way they could have been done without cheating the internal components needed to make it believable.

I can't say I agree with that rationality. No mass shifting doesn't mean that pieces of the car can't fold over onto themselve's, overlap, and or telescope to the appropriate size. To the extreme, I can fold an 8x11.5 sheet of paper into 1 square inch. The mass hasn't changed, but the size is a whole lot smaller. This is alien tech here. If the designers wanted to, they could have made it work. I just think they wanted something really flashy and different looking. They were going to make damn sure that they could get a toy line out of this also. I think all these points lead to the radical re-design. I don't believe their no mass-shifting excuse for a second.

 

 

Loki's exactly right. Mass shifting creates problems in something like a movie. The new audience, who we want to come in and fall in love with Transformers, won't believe in a mass-shifting technology without some explanation.

 

And Bay and Co. already have a LOT of explaining to do for this new audience. Cybertron. Autobots. Decpticons. How they got here. Why they change shape.

 

Do we really want him to slow the movie down for a disscussion on mass-shifting tech so that a fraction of the audience for this film (us, the 20 year + fans) can see robot modes that make us feel better?

 

Not me. Especially not when the 20+ year fans literally have 20+ years of robot modes to feel good about. Seems to me some people feel like the designs for this film negate the rich, rich history that already exists, and that's not the case at all.

  • Replies 24
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
Loki's exactly right. Mass shifting creates problems in something like a movie. The new audience, who we want to come in and fall in love with Transformers, won't believe in a mass-shifting technology without some explanation.

 

And Bay and Co. already have a LOT of explaining to do for this new audience. Cybertron. Autobots. Decpticons. How they got here. Why they change shape.

 

Do we really want him to slow the movie down for a disscussion on mass-shifting tech so that a fraction of the audience for this film (us, the 20 year + fans) can see robot modes that make us feel better?

 

Not me. Especially not when the 20+ year fans literally have 20+ years of robot modes to feel good about. Seems to me some people feel like the designs for this film negate the rich, rich history that already exists, and that's not the case at all.

 

Uh, not to be a dick, but did you even read my reply to the whole mass-shifting thing? I think I clearly stated that they could have worked out the transformations without involving mass-shifting. I agree that mass-shifting was a stupid idea and always has been. Even as a kid, I never bought into it.

 

I guess, after reading all these replies, I have come to the conclusion that most of you can't wait for something new. I myself love this idea of a fresh new take. A clean break from the old ideas and characters. A fresh, new original beginning.

 

Bay and Co. didn't do this, though, did they? They had the perfect opportunity to do something new. Instead, they took a beloved Classic and had their dirty little way with it. They didn't need to retell a 20 year old story. This was their opportunity to do something completely new and original. They could have alluded to and acknowledged the past histories without ever using the old characters in the film. I would rather have the original characters killed off in a flash back than used again in this format.

 

Oh well. We have a year to see were all this actually ends up. I guess I'll have to get used to the idea of hearing and seeing the correct voice and colors of a childhood icon, Prime, in an unfamiliar foreign alien body. I'm not a G1 purist and here I am getting all fired up over this. Go figure.

Uh, not to be a dick, but did you even read my reply to the whole mass-shifting thing?

 

 

Yeah. I read the part where you said,

 

I don't believe their no mass-shifting excuse for a second.

 

and it sounded to me like you wanted mass-shifting. But either way, my post was just backing up Loki's.

  • Author

Uh, not to be a dick, but did you even read my reply to the whole mass-shifting thing?

 

 

Yeah. I read the part where you said,

 

I don't believe their no mass-shifting excuse for a second.

 

and it sounded to me like you wanted mass-shifting. But either way, my post was just backing up Loki's.

 

Its all good. I think this post is ready for the great below. Take her away Admins.

I guess I'll have to get used to the idea of hearing and seeing the correct voice and colors of a childhood icon, Prime, in an unfamiliar foreign alien body.

Heh, I recall posting when Cullen was announced as Prime's voice, "I wonder how people will react when they hear Prime's voice coming out of something that looks like an Evangelion?"

 

I knew that the 'bot designs would be radical, and thought it was almost a disservice to those who really, really wanted Cullen's voice. Although, now I think it's a bit funny in a "Be careful what you wish for" kind of way.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!
SOCIAL NETWORKS

ToyNewsI MarvelousNews Tformers JediInsider
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the oldest, largest, and most popular news source for adult toy collectors (kidults) all around the world.

Get the scoop every day on all the popular culture action figures, comics, games, movies, toys, and more!

Contact and Support
Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy


All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Please Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.