How should we officially count our TFs?

Goktimus Prime

Which model do you most agree with?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Which model do you most agree with?

• MODEL 1
    • MODEL 2
    • MODEL 3
    • MODEL 4

IMO 4 is closest to what I do. Although not perfect

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If people state the rules clearly in for their surveys then I'll abide by them. (Or more likely I'll just not bother participating!) But for myself, I count as I want to.

McDonalds (official & they Transform) >>> Beastformers (don't Transform) IMO

what beastformers don't transform?

I can't pick a model.  Anything that has a name, counts.. anythign that doesn't... doesn't.  Pretender shells and bases don't count.  *master partners (head, power, target, action) count.  That's my take on it...  any one who's into actionmasters will be all over their little buddies.

All H/T/P-masters are seriously missing something without their partners.  That makes them countable to me... plus they have names, bios, personalities...etc..

pretty much .... and tho i dont have alot of em....like the armada bots with minicons, i count them as well

i like model 2, although i don't entirely agree on it, i think nebulans, happy meal toys (only those officialy liscensed by hasbro), and WST's should count... and i disagree about allowing beastformers... but out of the 4 i'd go with 2

Here's (roughly) my counting method:

TargetMasters & Partners = 2 'bots.

(They both have heads)

HeadMasters & Partners = 1 'bot.

(Can form one 'bot at most)

Action Masters = 1 'bot.

(I count the weapon, not the main toy)

Pretenders = 1 'bot.

(Unless the shell transforms, don't count it)

Standard Combiners = 5 'bots.

(Combined mode doesn't count)

Other Combiners = "X" 'bots.

(Same as above. Devvy = 6 'bots, etc)

Variants = 1 'bot each.

(If you buy them with any mold, colour or package differences they should count)

KO's = 0 'bots.

(Count them as a seperate collection, not TF's)

Licenced sp? "Transforming" toys = 1 'bot.

(Happy Meal toys are still TF's IMO)

Licenced sp? "Non-Transforming" toys = 0 'bots.

(Energon Alpha-Q & Beastformers don't count IMO)

PVC's = 0 'bots.

(See "Non-Transforming" toys above)

The simple rule for me is:

If it is official (Animorphs, Playskool & SWTF's count too), it transforms to at least 2 modes, with a clear stand-alone "living" (Beast or "Humanoid" mode) 'bot then it counts. That's it.

All in all, Model 2 is the closest. Still not perfect IMO though.

:thumb

...so my idea gets retooled and over ridden here? lol

looking at it closer....

combiners only count as single ronbots, Devastator doesn't count, computtorn doesn't count. on my model, and why is it my idea cheap? simplistic, i can see, but cheap?

and thinking about it more....my method isn't even my method. It's supposed to change and move about as people post on it (but now it seems to be dead). it wasn't my method, just an idea to create a better idea of how we as a group count stuff. It seems that no one realy cares though, and each will do what they seem to be fir. Unity on this matter will never happen and a basic counting sustem seems unreachable, so my 1000+ may vary wildly from anothers 1000+. it's like having all the animals in the world without a scientific way of placing them in families...

(i think i've hit a new record on editing my own post)

are you sayin beastformers don't TF because a lot of them just kind've hunch over to form beasty?

beastformers are the japanese equivilant to battle beasts... at least thats what i pull out of the above posts

Yup:

what beastformers don't transform?

None of them Transform.

Beastformers =/= Beast Wars

Beastformers = Battle Beasts

QFT!  :thumb

Here's (roughly) my counting method:

TargetMasters & Partners = 2 'bots.

(They both have heads)

HeadMasters & Partners = 1 'bot.

(Can form one 'bot at most)

Action Masters = 1 'bot.

(I count the weapon, not the main toy)

Pretenders = 1 'bot.

(Unless the shell transforms, don't count it)

Standard Combiners = 5 'bots.

(Combined mode doesn't count)

Other Combiners = "X" 'bots.

(Same as above. Devvy = 6 'bots, etc)

Variants = 1 'bot each.

(If you buy them with any mold, colour or package differences they should count)

KO's = 0 'bots.

(Count them as a seperate collection, not TF's)

Licenced sp? "Transforming" toys = 1 'bot.

(Happy Meal toys are still TF's IMO)

Licenced sp? "Non-Transforming" toys = 0 'bots.

(Energon Alpha-Q & Beastformers don't count IMO)

PVC's = 0 'bots.

(See "Non-Transforming" toys above)

The simple rule for me is:

If it is official (Animorphs, Playskool & SWTF's count too), it transforms to at least 2 modes, with a clear stand-alone "living" (Beast or "Humanoid" mode) 'bot then it counts. That's it.

All in all, Model 2 is the closest. Still not perfect IMO though.

I agree with all of these although until now I had no idea Animorphs had anything to do with Transformers. (I probably wouldnt count them myself).

I agree with all of these although until now I had no idea Animorphs had anything to do with Transformers. (I probably wouldnt count them myself).

I'm unsure about Animorphs too Dude. I counted the Playskool stuff because they started as TF's, but Animorphs are just toys that are made by Hasbro & they Transform.  :schin

I've only got 2 though, so I'd go with not counting them too!  :thumb

*edit*

http://www.transformerland.com/us/animorph...three_mega.html

^ They're getting counted!  :tfgrin

Archived