MP Starscream color comfirmed

TMan978

i don't like it, i'm disgusted masterpiece 03  is a perfect cartoon-like starscream...

why change colors??????

it could  be different in mold,  if they want to produce it with this color scheme!!!!!!

for me right color more or less must be these:

2002o9ztd5.jpg

When did he have a white face in the cartoon?  I'm just kidding, that rules.

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I  think the mold still  looks great and the colors are going to look good too because now that it's in jet mode you can see that there is probably a huge hue issue with the picture.  I torn as to whether this will be better than MPOP, but it's certainly in the same league;Meaning it's  possibly the best toy ever made.

I'm sure enough people will still buy it to justify it's existence, but I also believe this is a huge miscalculation on the part of Takara, and the first major mistake I believe I've ever seen them make.  Everything else they do tends to be 100% fan service, yet now they're doing the complete opposite. 

Really?  Worse than cancelling BT and moving it to a few releases of Kiss?  Worse than slowing TFC to nothing but a trickle if that?  Worse than having to buy an Atari chan for $30 to get a WST.  I'd say putting out the best mold ever

I think that, in several year's time, this will go down as one of the true "WTF were they thinking?" moments in Transformerdom.

I think that some (a very small amount of) people will still probably be complaining that its not G1 enough, but most will just be hopeing for more MP molds this good and taking pictures of SS, TC and Skywarp in cool/funny poses.

I'm a huge G1 fan.  BT go me into the hobby while I was on a trip to Japan and I consider myself a purist.  I see this as totally G1 redone as given new technology/tooling, bigger scale and an unlimited part count. 

quote=Blitz,Jul 20 2006, 04:49 AM]

i still have faith in this

Keep the faith bro, I really think we'll be glad we did.  This toy is going to rock the house.

Tman or mods, please edit the first post to include the image i placed in the third post.

TFW2005 is getting swamped.

Thank you.

"Really?  Worse than cancelling BT and moving it to a few releases of Kiss?  Worse than slowing TFC to nothing but a trickle if that?  Worse than having to buy an Atari chan for $30 to get a WST.  I'd say putting out the best mold ever"

Well, I'm going to say yes considering this is probably something more people are going to care about.  Not that many people collected BT's because they were too darned expensive, and those who did were constantly complaining about QC issues, fragility, paint chips, and added weight.  Also, how many people are actually interested in that Alt Meister WST?  I haven't heard a peep about it in months.

This is something a large percentage of the fandom was planning to buy, regardless of price, and even those who weren't were still excited about it.  Now it's become an extremely devisive issue, and judging from the general reaction around here, I'd say the majority of the fans don't want what Takara's giving them.

You say it's the best mold ever, but one could just as easily make the argument that it WAS the best mold ever, but has now moved so far from what was expected (and advertised, if you bought Hybrid Prime) that it can hardly be considered Starscream anymore.  I certainly don't get the feeling that I'm looking at any distinguishible, iconic character.  More like an original figure that, while cool in it's own right, looks more like a Takara-branded Veritech Fighter. 

I don't FEEL Starscream when I look at this.  I'm not reminded of his character, or personality.  There's no emotional connection here like we got with MP Prime, and that to me is the biggest problem. 

Tman or mods, please edit the first post to include the image i placed in the third post.

TFW2005 is getting swamped.

Thank you.

Changed for anti nagging pleasure :tftongue See. I'm a nice guy.

Maybe it's just me, but I'm having trouble seeing anything remotely realistic about this color scheme.

teh fugly :tdown

Changed for anti nagging pleasure :tftongue See. I'm a nice guy.

:thumb

You say it's the best mold ever, but one could just as easily make the argument that it WAS the best mold ever, but has now moved so far from what was expected (and advertised, if you bought Hybrid Prime) that it can hardly be considered Starscream anymore.  I certainly don't get the feeling that I'm looking at any distinguishible, iconic character.  More like an original figure that, while cool in it's own right, looks more like a Takara-branded Veritech Fighter. 

The first mold was a good homage in robot mode and OK in alt mode.  The new mold is a true masterpicece (in the literal sense, not trying to argue the MP-03 vs BT-03 thing). 

P-

honistly if some one is hard core into G1 then they mostly likly gave up on this after they changed the design so much.

but since this isn't G1 Starscream

Unless of course they sell it as G1 starscream, in which case it is G1, just like MP01.

there's a difference between a G1 homage and a G1 toy. They don't make G1 toys anymore, except in reissues. so enough with the "my opinion is fact" stuff

Archived