If you are a Binaltech collector...

Constructicon

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd reccommend going to alts.  I've got some BT, and I think the alts are a better value.  Plus, the line is too awesome to just quit because you don't have a diecast option anymore.

Binaltech is so dead now, no one knows what's going on.  As a Binaltech collector, I am undecided whether I should stop or 'continue' the line with Alternators. 

I think I will buy Alt Optimus, but how about Rollbar and Ricochet? 

Don't forget Swerve and Decepticharge...

I'll buy the new Alts I want. But I'll sell them off if their BT counterpart ever gets released.

My thoughts (almost) exactly.

If they start BT again, which I wouldn't rule out now that MP-03 Starscream looks to be coming, then I can either keep my Alts (like I did w/ the first 4 from the line, the ones I bought before I switched to BTs), or I can give them to my nephew as a gift. He would love it.

I will probably be skipping Prime, I really hate what I have seen of that mold, etc etc, but I will be hunting for Mirage. That one looks to cool to pass up, even if it is in plastic and not diecast.

Hope that answers the question.

I like both the Alts and BTs. The big plus for the Alts is that they are readily available at most stores.

The BTs are nice because of the die cast metal parts and paint. They do have the flaw of paint flaking off if they are transformerd often and have a higher price tag compared to the Alts. Also, Sunstreaker and Red alert had some alignment issues.

I bought the BT Red alert because there is no Alt release. Maybe sometime soon? I recently purchased BT Skids. Didn't care too much for the Alt with flames (I got it anyway). The BT did have the option of adding the flame sticker or stripes to resemble G1 Skids. It would have been nice if Alt Skids had that option.

Tha Alt/Binaltech line is my favorite so far. I prefer the Alts because of the price, but if there is a good deal on a BT, I would jump on it.

If you own BTA alert, Please God, dont buy Ricochet! You will never buy another Alternator in you life if you do. In fact Rico and Rolly have their disappointing points. Rollbar, just like Alt Swindle in made of cheap plastic. Every time I snap his crotch part to his waist, I think Im going to break him. My BT Hound doesn't give my so much trouble.

I'd reccommend going to alts.  I've got some BT, and I think the alts are a better value.  Plus, the line is too awesome to just quit because you don't have a diecast option anymore.

I'll give you Mirage, grudgingly, but Swindle 2 (Rollbar), Silverstreak 2 (Ricochet), Meister reissue, Dodge Ram, Armada Nemesis straight-repaint-with-no-remolding-whatsoever Prime, and Mustang-repaint-that's-probably-a-green-Wheeljack-named-Cosmos?  Neither the Scion nor the GT are likely to have vehicle remolds and most of the remainder offer nothing new to collectors who started with Smokescreen in 2003.  Outside of a fire cheif Prowl, nothing really stands to scratch the G1 itch either. 

Color me underwhelmed.  I'll wait for Takara to resume Binaltech; failing that, MP Starscream.  Unless that larger size class materializes, G1 Classic's when I'll be apt to start buying much at all from Hasbro again.

Archived