Custom of the year awards

**VPrime**

So has anyone asked SFC what he thinks? How about those who are members at other sites, have you asked the head admins on those sites if they are interested? So far it sounds like the only site that`s going to get involved is Transtopia. Not that that is a bad thing it`s just that it doesn`t sound as though this will be as large of an event like was suggested. One big kitbash event for all of the transformers fandom. All though Transtopia is probably the best place to start. Since that is where most of the master bashers are.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with you Rodimus, it would be a "plus" if it were "sanctioned"(?) by all the of board leaders, wich could result in a bigger turn out. I'd be willing to participate regardless if it were 5 people or 500 people.

If the contest is hosted here...yes.

But if it's hosted at TT then I don't see why. It's just a discussion after all.

I would however, even if TT does host the contest, would still like a cross promotion with this site if they are up for it.

All I need is to be contacted and Lobo, please PM me at TT about going over the details. Since you are a donater and most of the ideas came from you I would also like it if you were included in the pannel of judges.

TFM

oehhh i like this

hope we get some real nice donations though

and get this contest from the ground

@Tfmaster u need sites to promote it?

You want me to be a judge?  Sweet!!

We could save a lot of time and hold the contest right now.

Welcome to the  TF Custom of the Year Awards!

*clapping*

I'd like to annouce the winner(s) that the judge(s) decided.

Best Homage (Repaint/slight Mod) - Lobo

Best Original/Fan made Char/kitbash - Lobo

Best Scratchbuild - Lobo

And Best Overall. - Lobo

Kitbasher of the decade is.......*drumroll*

Lobo

:clap  :clap  :clap  :clap  :clap  :clap

Thanks for tuning in!

j/k  :tftongue

I PM'd ya.

Ok, first off, I would like to offer up Transtopia to do this.

I have looked around on contacts and thus far JRStoyworld offered to donate a WSTF Snarl and a Reissue Blaster.

My only problem is that the pizes should be handled in 3-4 sections at most. It really would help to promote it with a decent prize giveaway but the better the prizes the better the turnout. I'd like to promote this , with a good amount of given time(2-3 months to setup and get the word out.) we could possibly have enough donations to further the project.

I could possibly donate a thing or two and pay to ship all items and hopefully get one or two more people to donate as well.

One thing we do need to consintrate is on promtion. If one of the higher Up's here wanted to get into this then by all means feel free to contact me.

Here's some section ideas.

Best Homage (Repaint/slight Mod)

Best Original/Fan made Char/kitbash

Best Scrtachbuild

And Best Overall.

The more sections your custom applies to the better your chances.

We would also need a pannel of judges and depending on the donations and promoters have it selected down at most to a pannel of 5.

Let me know what you all think.

TFM

This is a great basis for what is to come! Just let me/us know where and when. I got a couple that haven`t been unveiled yet for the Best homage category. :thumb *Hopes this comes into fruition.*

O.K. so is this going to happen or what? If I need to kick in something to get it going, then I'm willing

Do you want something rushed or would you like it done right?

I'm working on the final details right now and still waiting to hear back from a few people.

It'll be cross promoted by Transtopia/TFW2005 with some pretty decent prize pots and the Best Over All winner will get a real award.

This is planned to happen once a year from this point on so start planning for the first. We're looking at a June start deadline at soonest and possible july end date. It'll start a month later then that is it takes a little bit longer to set up and finalize everything.

Customs made in 2005 and 2006 are welcome but nothing made earlier then in Jan. 2005.

I'm hoping to pull a name or two in on this but I can't promise anything but please know that good things take time.

Would you rather be dissapointed or be bale to say. "Worth the wait."?

TFM

O.K. so is this going to happen or what? If I need to kick in something to get it going, then I'm willing

Do you want something rushed or would you like it done right?

I'm working on the final details right now and still waiting to hear back from a few people.

It'll be cross promoted by Transtopia/TFW2005 with some pretty decent prize pots and the Best Over All winner will get a real award.

This is planned to happen once a year from this point on so start planning for the first. We're looking at a June start deadline at soonest and possible july end date. It'll start a month later then that is it takes a little bit longer to set up and finalize everything.

Customs made in 2005 and 2006 are welcome but nothing made earlier then in Jan. 2005.

I'm hoping to pull a name or two in on this but I can't promise anything but please know that good things take time.

Would you rather be dissapointed or be bale to say. "Worth the wait."?

TFM

Agreed. Let`s take our time and do it right!! :thumb

Archived