Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TFormers Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Official SoCal TFans Thread

Recommended Posts

according to what my ninja memory serves, the area to pick up your badge opens up at 9a.m., so i'd imagine the 'con opens then as well.

 

and as far as a comic con thread goes, we do have one, and it's nine pages long...  it just has a deceptive name. ;)

  • Replies 207
  • Views 18.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tony B. at TFW2005 is reporting that Hasbro is selling N. Prime in daily waves. If someone manages to get up there early enough before he sells out for the day, please grab me one. :)

 

Does anyone have something in particular that they need go see or do on Friday? The only things I really care about tomorrow is 1:30-2:30 IDW Publishing and Snakes on Plane at 5:45-?. Other than that I need to talk to at least one supplier and grab a few exclusives.

THE CON REPORT!

 

anyway, i just got back from the comic con, and it was great!

 

i showed up at about 7:00am,  there were already a number of people in line, but parking wasn't bad yet.  after a brief wait, they opened the doors early to start registration, and then we got wait inside in the air conditioning for 10am to come around.

 

i RAN straight for the hasbro booth.  i was the SECOND PERSON in the door, literally, but when i got to the hasbro booth there was already a line all the way around the booth.  wtf?  five people behind me they cut off the line and started telling people to come back later.

 

about halfway around the line, the woman organizing the line asked everyone if they were paying by credit card, i whipped out my visa and went straight to the front!  sweet!  i bought 2 NP's, just in case hunter didn't get there in time.  turns out, they had a grip of NP's and by the time HunterRose got there, they still had plenty left.

 

after that we met up with Los and checked out the rest of the hasbro booth.  then we split up and me and hunter went to check out a show about a movie called stardust.  at the end, they announced that peter cullen would be officially voicing optimus prime.  (one of the head honcho's involved in stardust is also involved in the TF movie).  we were so excited we couldn't control ourselves.  hunter Octaneed all over the five rows of people in front of him, and i jumped up and started kicking chairs and punching babies. 

 

after that, we went and ate pizza, then we came back and looked around at all the vendors.  i bought a heroclick figure and a really nice G1 seaspray. 

 

i love G1 seaspray. 

 

shut up.

 

anyway, it was an extremely exciting day, and a lot of sweet stuff happened and we got a lot of cool schwag. 

 

bigprime.jpg

DID ANYONE BUY EXTRA NEMESIS PRIMES?  would anyone be willing to sell me one? or 2?  p.s. when's the next get together?

Scalpers are INFURIATING (ref to Cingular commercial), I saw a Nemesis Prime being sold on the floor for $50~!  :tdown

 

anyways, I think the amount TF stuff in this years comic con was dissappointing.  I heard a rumor from a fellow Tfan at a booth saying that it might be due to the fact the TF movie is coming out next year around con time.  all I got TF wise was a JPN BW fig for 5 bucks.

 

anyways, did anyone get a good haul here at Comic-con?

 

PS: if anyone have an extra NP and would like to sell it, I would buy it for 30+shipping.  plz...  :tftongue

 

 

PS (again): I wished I had more time to meet up fellow TFans, but I only went for a day (sigh)

cc-06.jpg

 

I went to Comic-con on Saturday, I should of gone on Friday

=(

I thought they had a new batch of NP everyday of the con?

I think we should leave it up to our Desert and/or OC members to decide the next activity.

 

i will appear when ever where ever you decide - but i cant take a leadership role in this anymore.

Finally got back around midnight last night. It was nice meeting Hunter and Clutchjunkie.

 

Highlights

 

- Scoring 2 Nemesis Prime on Friday morning

 

- Hooking up with Hunter and Clutchjunkie for some TF hunting, I can't believe I left the Star Dust panel early, AAARGHH!

 

- Getting Dan Woren's signature on my Toynami 1/100 Roy Focker

 

- Hanging out with comic book artist Tyler Niccum most of Saturday, he inked 11 pages of Tokyopop's Return to Labryinth.

 

- Marvel Studio Panel, Ant-Man will be the sleeper of upcoming Marvel movies. Edgar Wright said that it will show the horrors and benefits of being able to shrink in size. He directed Shaun of the Dead, so you know it will be a fun movie.

 

- adultswim Panel - Apparently I missed Tomicon earlier in the day...sounded like a blast. Dino from Moral Orale was drunk and causing complete mayhem. Robot Chicken rulz, Metalocalypse looks crazy and GO TEAM VENTURE! Although I don't watch Aqua Teen the movie clip was hilarious.

 

- Doing raffles and scamming free stuff with the Macrossworld guys on Sunday.

 

- The Rogue Panel...go see Balls of Fury and Hott Fuzz. During Q&A some dork tried trash talking Ben Garant and Thomas Lennon about making fun of ping pong, so they jumped off the stage, wrestled the guy to the ground and stole the dork's pass. When they got back on stage, Ben tossed it in a pitcher of water and told the dork to go back to the registration booth. The teaser trailer from Hot Fuzz where Simon tells Nick, "Whats the matter, never taken a shortcut before" was frinckin' awesome. I hope that trailer is available on the net soon, 'cuz I laughed so hard I was crying.

 

- Thanks to this thread, I ran into these two guys at the Con. They said the clip is already 3 years old!

I think we should leave it up to our Desert and/or OC members to decide the next activity.

 

i will appear when ever where ever you decide - but i cant take a leadership role in this anymore.

 

Hey HunterRose,

 

When I recover from Comic-con, maybe we can meet up! I will talk to my Transfans buddys and see if they want to participate. I will try to come up with a good time for my friends and then maybe you and anyone else would like to participate.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!
SOCIAL NETWORKS

ToyNewsI MarvelousNews Tformers JediInsider
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the oldest, largest, and most popular news source for adult toy collectors (kidults) all around the world.

Get the scoop every day on all the popular culture action figures, comics, games, movies, toys, and more!

Contact and Support
Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy


All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Please Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.