Cybertron Thundercracker the character

Darkhammer

I watched Cybertron for the first time on that DVd that came with Blurr, and you know the show really isn't bad at all.  It's not great, and I would even go so far to say that Beast Machines is a better show, but as far as the Japanese TF shows go post BM, it's the best so far. 

Trust me, if you like the episode Hidden, you need to watch the rest of the series. Hidden is a good introductory episode but the later episodes are way better and more exciting. The Action and Translated Dialog makes the past few series look retarded. It's ashame, but the last few shows have been so bad, that I find myself amazed while watching stuff on Cybertron show that should just be normal accurances on a TV show. Stuff like the dialog actually being funny and making sense. Then all the references they make isn't just thrown in, you can tell someone did their homework when translating.

I dunno about that. I watched on episode on tv awhile back before Cyb left Cartoon Network, and Prime was in this elevator. He said the most inane thing I've ever heard. "There should really be a windmill in here, or something." I was like  :eek That doesn't make sense! How long have you been leader?

They do little lines like that for our bennefit. It's an inside joke for adult veiwers. If you havent noticed, On every episode they may show the exact same stock footage. normally on an old show like Voltron they'd keep the same Footage with no bonuses but on Cybertron the writers decided to add little extra dialog to spice up repetitive actions.

So for me when I was watching that episode and Prime said they needed a window I just laughed cause it was silly that they were mocking the fact that they have to show the same footage.

In cartoons, not every thing has to make sense. Looney tunes proved that.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I watched Cybertron for the first time on that DVd that came with Blurr, and you know the show really isn't bad at all.  It's not great, and I would even go so far to say that Beast Machines is a better show, but as far as the Japanese TF shows go post BM, it's the best so far. 

Trust me, if you like the episode Hidden, you need to watch the rest of the series. Hidden is a good introductory episode but the later episodes are way better and more exciting. The Action and Translated Dialog makes the past few series look retarded. It's ashame, but the last few shows have been so bad, that I find myself amazed while watching stuff on Cybertron show that should just be normal accurances on a TV show. Stuff like the dialog actually being funny and making sense. Then all the references they make isn't just thrown in, you can tell someone did their homework when translating.

I dunno about that. I watched on episode on tv awhile back before Cyb left Cartoon Network, and Prime was in this elevator. He said the most inane thing I've ever heard. "There should really be a windmill in here, or something." I was like  :eek That doesn't make sense! How long have you been leader?

They do little lines like that for our bennefit. It's an inside joke for adult veiwers. If you havent noticed, On every episode they may show the exact same stock footage. normally on an old show like Voltron they'd keep the same Footage with no bonuses but on Cybertron the writers decided to add little extra dialog to spice up repetitive actions.

So for me when I was watching that episode and Prime said they needed a window I just laughed cause it was silly that they were mocking the fact that they have to show the same footage.

In cartoons, not every thing has to make sense. Looney tunes proved that.

I totally have to agree with that. I just saw that ep yesterday on Habro's site and though it was so bad it hurt it was funny enough to be good. It's really cool to see the dub finally giving Optimus Prime a personality again. I thought he was good overall in Armada but Energon was horrific giving him no personality whatsoever besides playing coach with a team of mishaps. Ouch. I also like Scattorshot's sense of humour. His sarcasm, and pessimism easily makes him the next Rattrap. Can't wait to see him get upgraded.

On topic Thundercracker may have Quickstrike's personality but he's definitely Waspinator in the Pwnage catagory. I just wish the creators would be allowed to literally blow em to pieces opposed to just sending him into tail spins and such. Reguarding his personality I would have expected him to have an Armada Thrust mentality (before he went insane) not a Beastwars Quickstrike/Waspinator. Also I know Vector Prime is voiced by BWs Rhinox which is cool but the actor is deffinitly chaneling Rhinox more so than anyone.

That was the only episode I was able to catch, so it kinda threw me off. Put in that context however, of spicing up repetitive footage, it makes sense and is a nice thought.

Now I'm curious as to what else they've said.  :redface

Talking about sarcastic line in the show, Sideways telling Leobreaker to get off of him, he's allergic to cats! :wtf

Speaking of inane things Optimus Prime does or says the cliff jumping scene in Deep takes the cake. Prime basically leads his fellow autobots off a cliff into an ocean where to there surprise they sink like rocks. At this point it's up to one of the kids to dive in and give the bots a lesson in swimming. Armada Prime at least knew what he was doing when going underwater though bring the kids along was not too bright.

• 3 weeks later...

I think he is anwsome! I don't care if his name was suppose to be Quickstirke or not i think he is one of the funniest characters on that show, besides Ransack.

Though i did hear a rumor on another site that he is Starscream's brother, is this true? might explain why he is around Starscream more then Megatron.

oh he's definilyt not SS brother...TC definitly is his own guy. Later in the show, he actually has some badass moments. Kind of justifying his warrior status. Hell even the bots are like "ok...definily underestmated you".

Ok thanks for clearing that up, though if he was Starscream's brother, i tell ya that be one messed up family.  :wtf

Though i have dl episode's 42 to 45 and Thundercracker was only in 42 and 43, 43 shows him in a light i have never seen him before.

Thougn i feel so dirty for seeing the other episodes before i had a chance to see the rest from 27 to 40 as it is now in the english verison. When i saw Starscream it was like. WTF?! He HUGH! Poor Noisemaze!  Though i couldn't help laughing when Starscream said the word Blot because he got trapped within the ship. I just said it along with him.

My brother Tommy says that alot of them seem to be getting cemented lately, Starscream, Thundercracker who's next?

And here's me on Starscream. Crawling up his leg and just sitting on his knee, i be the new Decepticon girl, i would join him in a instant.

On topic Thundercracker may have Quickstrike's personality but he's definitely Waspinator in the Pwnage catagory. I just wish the creators would be allowed to literally blow em to pieces opposed to just sending him into tail spins and such. Reguarding his personality I would have expected him to have an Armada Thrust mentality (before he went insane) not a Beastwars Quickstrike/Waspinator. Also I know Vector Prime is voiced by BWs Rhinox which is cool but the actor is deffinitly chaneling Rhinox more so than anyone.

I'd have to disagree with you on that part.  He's nothing like Waspinator.  He's quite a competent fighter, but he's overly cocky and not too bright, so he tends to dive headfirst into situations that are a bit too difficult for him to handle, and then often gets outmatched by the Autobots' quick thinking and teamwork.

However, given the chance to go on the offensive, without overwhelming odds against him, he shines.  He's run circles around the ground-based 'Bots, and even given Jetfire a run for his money on several occassions.  His strafing tactics cause a lot of trouble for the Autobots.  So far, Optimus has been the only 'bot capable of outright beating him.  And to TC's further credit, in "Collapse", he stood up against nearly the entire Autobot team singlehandedly for quite a lengthy duration, all things considered, and even after getting his ass handed to him, he was able to come around for another go.

That's one thing I quite enjoy about the 'toon this time around, is that even the lackey 'Cons stand as a decent threat, instead of being pushovers and cannonfodder.

Archived