Is Unicron's word trustworthy?

Teh INTERNETS ^_^

In old Greek myths (and most other civilisation's myths too), if a God makes a promise they absolutely must keep their end of the bargain and cannot go back on their word no matter how evil they are. Since Unicron is a God is he also bound to this? In other words has Unicron ever actually told a blatant lie in any Transformers continuity?

assuming he is a god, if lieing is in question its prolly just the "read the fine print before signing" sorta thing. like him psychicly hurting galvatron when he failed to destroy ultra magnus in tftm, thats a case were megs didnt read the fine print when he sold his spark to unicron. "may be subject to psychic attacks if unsatisfied with progress of subject... unicron wtf?"

[unicron] SIGN! [/unicron]

I believe in the comic book or atleast in the japanese continum he was refered to as a dark god.

And that's an interesting thought there. He never really lies in the movie, he just hides facts. Like "yeah I'm giving you a body, but I'm also fallowing you to your planet so I can eat it for brunch"

I don't remember a time were he ever went back on his word, the closest in any continuity is US Marvel Unicron sends Hook, Line, and Sinker to get a Galvatron from another dimension. Galvatron complains that he already did his duty and Unicron promised him Earth, they reply, "Different Unicron."

Archived