BT* Skids and Broadblast- No remolding???

Sentinel

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Update: I just moved last weekend, so I put off opening my BTA Sunsteaker and alert until just a few minutes ago. I haven't opened SS, but alert is a total POS!!!

Everyone that discussed this in the other thread is right, the mold for that figure is shot b/c NOTHING lines up properly in either mode. The damn bot's waist doesn't plug in correctly, so he tips over, and the car, OMG, the damn panels just DO NOT line up at all. I am mighty pissed that I spent more $$ on the damn BTA than for a BT and I got a vastly inferior figure. AHHHH Damn my obsession w/ BT, I should have listened to everyone.

Now off to open SS and see if that mold is F**ked as well.

And Broadblast was starting to grow on me, now I have to think about it more, DAMN THE OBSESSION!!!

Sorry to hear about alert. Broadblast should be fine. That mold isn't pimped to all hell - yet.

That's what I am hoping.

Oh and it is official, Sunstreaker is almost as f**cked as alert. I am not happy that I wasted my money on crappy figures. These POS should be discounted, not $5 more than BTs dammit.

Thanks for the sympathy WRX, I appreciate it. Again, damn the obession!!!

Don't mention it. From the online fandom there aren't that many of us who got a flawless alert and Streaker. I understand the desire to make money but they really should worry about preserving/refurbishing those molds.

Paint application on the BT lineup has steadily gone downhill for me.

Update: I just moved last weekend, so I put off opening my BTA Sunsteaker and alert until just a few minutes ago. I haven't opened SS, but alert is a total POS!!!

Has anyone gotten a good alert? I'd like to get this one, but I can't justify $60 for a toy that isn't built right.

The damn bot's waist doesn't plug in correctly, so he tips over

Mine had this problem too so I put some clear nail polish on those pegs that plug into the waist and it fits very tightly now, much better than before.

Thanks for the advice, that is what I am planning on doing (did it w/ BT Prowl's ankles too), but it is still annoying to pay all that $$ for a POS figure.

I kinda like this guy, not a big fan of the scion, but its growing on me.

I plan to buy BT Skids with G1 style stickers for display

BT Broadblast for display

and Alt Skids for a head swap with Ironhide prime, and use the body to give another member to the stunticons. Or do some paint apps, and switch the head with GF Soundwave and use Lazerbeak as the after market Bass Cannon. 

Archived