why did hasbro screw the fans on agenda ravage

saberwolf

i agree that Hasbro ought to be a little more straight forward with the way they release information to the fandom - THAT alone would cancel out a majority of the Starscreaming.

That being said - i agree with LMH and the squidgy Xray guy - its not surprising that he didnt appear in BW.  I have the Universe (?) one thats Purple and Orange and i love it (i call it ravage - whatever his name was/is)

and um.... Why is this in Kitbashes???

Hunter

thats what i meant about the hartmen brothers getting their hands on the figure. despite the fact that hasbro said it was to expensive to purchase the molds for that figure.

bw metals x-9 jaguar was bought by the harmen brothers and repainted and rereleased as the botcon exclusive tm tigatron figure.

this is why iv been saing that hasbro's too expensive line is a load of horse Blot.

Simply, Hasbro paid Mainframe to use Dragon Megs & Tigerhawk in the show, since they obviously made figures for them

Ravage was a simple but yet extremely cool cameo, thats why he had Cheetor body, Tigatron beast mode head and NEVER transformed into a jaguar

By the time the japanese figure was released (and simply Takara saw an oportunity to make more money, thanks to the delay of the show in Japan), America was already getting into Beast Machines...

As for why the mold was available to Botcon? who knows

Simply, Hasbro paid Mainframe to use Dragon Megs & Tigerhawk in the show, since they obviously made figures for them

Ravage was a simple but yet extremely cool cameo, thats why he had Cheetor body, Tigatron beast mode head and NEVER transformed into a jaguar

By the time the japanese figure was released (and simply Takara saw an oportunity to make more money, thanks to the delay of the show in Japan), America was already getting into Beast Machines...

Well they did use some takara molds at botcon....

That's exactly what I was trying to say. Hasbro's primary concern is the toys. They use the show to sell toys that they have already spent money developing. It's not Hasbro's fault that TM2 Megatron and Tigerhawk were only in a few episodes. I'm sure Hasbro would have preferred it to be different. And sure there were lots of non-show characters; but again, those were made before the show was produced. Mainframe chose which ones to scan and render for use in the show (albeit with some input from Hasbro, undoubtedly).

What you're talking about is a toy that was made after the fact. And by this point, it's so far after the fact that it's almost irrelevant. Sure, there are some rabid BW fans out there who really want that figure, but is that really a sizable enough demographic to justify reissuing a figure that aired on one three-part episode back in 1998? I don't think so. Anyway, if I were working for Hasbro, I'd just say "hey, the figure only appeals to adult collectors and he's already available on the internet -- screw it." JMO

They use the show to sell toys that they have already spent money developing. It's not Hasbro's fault that TM2 Megatron and Tigerhawk were only in a few episodes. I'm sure Hasbro would have preferred it to be different.

wasnt it Hasbro that suddenly wanted Mainframe to rush through the end of Beast Wars? as there were plans for a 4th season

They use the show to sell toys that they have already spent money developing. It's not Hasbro's fault that TM2 Megatron and Tigerhawk were only in a few episodes. I'm sure Hasbro would have preferred it to be different.

wasnt it Hasbro that suddenly wanted Mainframe to rush through the end of Beast Wars? as there were plans for a 4th season

In some way yeah, simply because their promotional budget was almost over, and thats the main reason why the BM cast simply "morphed", if transformation was used, it would have ended being more expensive

Archived