Slagatron

Which is your Favorite Season  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your Favorite Season

• Season 1
    • Season 2
    • Season 3

Season 2 for me.

It had the best story lines all building up to the best revelation in TF storytelling, the discovery of the Ark and the G1 TFs.

Megatron is at his best w/ the entire "you no longer exist!!!!" line.

Best storytelling IMO. Season 3 is great as well w/ the final upgrades and the ending of the series, but Season 2 has too much going for it to be overshadowed by the kick@$$ ending in Season 3.

Great series overall, the best TF of all time, hands down!!!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great topic.  I was actually asking myself this very question.  Season 1 was amazing; I mean to take nothing away from it.  It set the groundwork and was the longest, so it'll always have its place.  To me, though, the question at hand really pits season 2 against season 3.

This is a tought question.  If season 2 had introduced Depth Charge, I think it would be an easy decision.  However, it did not.  Still, I think I enjoyed season 3 the most.  I've yet to revisit the last episode of season 3, though (saving it for tommorrow, or even tonight--just a tad bit tipsy).  I think I'll update once I've re-viewed season 3 in its entirety.

I think Transmetal Cheetor is fantastic, as an aside.  Such a great design, and his character really reaches its apex in this form.

Season 2. You can't really argue against episodes like Coming of the Fuzors, Bad Spark, Code of Hero, Transmutate, or The Agenda.

Also, Season 3 did suffer a bit from 'Looney Tunes' humour, it suffered from The Blackarachnia Show syndrome, and overall was rather rushed. Tigerhawk was an unnecessary addition (apart from bringing closure to the Tigatron/Airrazor question), and Dark Glass should never have been replaced with Go With The Flow.

2. 1 was a great buildup, and established the playing field. 2 was the real meat of the story (With upgrades and death and shock revelations). 3 was the end, and things had begun to wind down and get slightly... silly, and a lot of the "beloved" cast had either been killed off or relegated to lesser roles.

'sides, 2 ended with The Agenda, which rocked.

word. and lets not forget ravage. he was awsome.

For some reason, Season 3 has the greatest contrast between goofy episodes (Go With The Flow) and serious episodes (Nemesis parts 1&2).  The hatred between Depthcharge and Rampage, Blackarachnia struggling to fit in, and the final episode in general make it my favorite.  That and for some reason, the animation suddenly became much better between 2 and 3.  And one last thing...

DINOBOT 2 PWNS JOO

season three wouldv been the best if it werent for all the damn slapstick crap in there. it took so much away from the serious tone of the show. but as for season three i will say this. transmetal 2 dinobot Powerglideing rules.

Season 2. You can't really argue against episodes like Coming of the Fuzors, Bad Spark, Code of Hero, Transmutate, or The Agenda.

Also, Season 3 did suffer a bit from 'Looney Tunes' humour, it suffered from The Blackarachnia Show syndrome, and overall was rather rushed. Tigerhawk was an unnecessary addition (apart from bringing closure to the Tigatron/Airrazor question), and Dark Glass should never have been replaced with Go With The Flow.

was go with the flow that stupid episode with megatrons super mega death ray thing and the neanderthals? christ. brings me back to g1 days.

word. and lets not forget ravage. he was awsome.

"DECEPTICONS FOREVER!!!"

The guy who did Ravage suited him to a T, in my opinion. A former spy, now in an era not of his own, wishing for a return to the "good old days". Kinda like a former KGB operative.

Rattraps frenzied conversation to Primal about him switching sides made me chuckle, though. Especially when his ship just loomed up behind him. :tflaugh

And yes, Go With The Flow, is the one with Megatrons comically hilarious death ray. And the miniature organics.

I have to go with season 2...had theheart of the Beast Wars concept...

Season 3...well...it was a bit rushed in the end. It needed 5 more eps to flesh out tiger Hawk, and establish TM2 Megs.

Honestly...all of them. Each season had many moments that made them all stellar...S1 had a overall good feel to it, while S2 had "The Agenda", "Code Of Hero" and craploads of character development (and it also introduced Inferno...FOR THE ROYALTY!), while S3 had the conflict between Rampage and Depthcharge.

Honestly...all of them. Each season had many moments that made them all stellar...S1 had a overall good feel to it, while S2 had "The Agenda", "Code Of Hero" and craploads of character development (and it also introduced Inferno...FOR THE ROYALTY!), while S3 had the conflict between Rampage and Depthcharge.

sorry bud, inferno was in the first season. :wave

I voted season 2 as best, it had the some of the funniest moments (i.e. rattrap playing the video game and silverbolt pulling the plug "ahhh come on you know how long it took me to get to level 8?!" :tflaugh1

And the whole "transmetal bodies" was an awsome gimmick, also introducing ravage, and megatron's ploy to destroy the autobots... :clap

Season 3 seemed rushed and repetetive to me, every other episode introduced a new character (transmetal 2 blackarachnia episode just horrible  :tdown )

Archived