Should I get Scourge or Jetfire?

Akuma

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

About a month and a half ago I went into TRU specifically looking for Scourge but only came up with Jetfire. I still have yet to find Scourge but for what Jetfire is he's a good buy. Awsome altmode with an impressive wing span, and decent colours, plenty of articulation for an Ultra annd the best headscuplt Jetfire has ever recieved. From what I've seen of both on Remy's site Jetfire is easily the better of the two, and with rumours of him becoming rare he'd be a good one to get first. On the flip side if there is any truth to this I should be able to find a Scourge somewhere this weekend. :clap

Also since I don't care to start a new topic. what's the distribution on Cybertron Optimus Prime looking like. I have yet to find one as well. :tfsad

Cyb OP was a bit hard to find at first - but now I see him everywhere.

You shouldn't have much trouble finding Scourge, either - he seems to be the primary shelfwarmer of the Cyb Ultra class.

That's what I'm hearing everywhere. I hope to find both tomorrow, if not I'll also settle for a Megatron. I've already passed him up on several occasions just like I did with Armada Megs so I'll get em sooner or later. :thumb

Cyb OP was a bit hard to find at first - but now I see him everywhere.

You shouldn't have much trouble finding Scourge, either - he seems to be the primary shelfwarmer of the Cyb Ultra class.

Stores around here have Jetfires up the yin-yang and Scourge is pretty hard to find. Usually if you do find a Scourge, then chances are it's the last one along with 10 Jetfires.

A few weeks ago I faced the Scourge vs. Jetfire question myself and I chose Jetfire. As soon as I opened Jetfire up and checked him out and messed around with it for a little while I started wishing I had gotten Scourge instead.

Jetfire just isn't very solid and his arms aren't really all THAT much better than Scourge's are.  Something tells me people wouldn't be complaining so much about Scourge's arms if he just had a couple of guns instead of that big ass axe. 

About a week and a half ago I got Scourge and I like him so much more than Jetfire. He just looks 1000x more badass and to me that makes up for a little lack of articulation. He's a lot more  sturdy and fun to mess around with, hell, I even found a jet mode for him, aside from the dragon head sticking up on top of it, it actually looks pretty cool!  :thumb

Jetfire is too awkward to me, for one he's too top heavy and has that hollow body syndrome which just drives me totally nuts! The peg that holds his chest in in bot mode isn't very good and I have to hold it down while I try to pose him, which is kind of a pain. Overall he's just so-so.

I say go with what your gut tells you to get. Neither one are bad figures and I'm sure it won't be too long before you can go back and get the one you don't get now.

I can now honestly say I like em both a lot. Spent the entire day hunting around and distribution was strange to say the least. A Walmart on one end of the city had Megatron's, Starscreams, and Jetfires, as well as various Voyagers, Deluxes, and basics but no signs of Optimus or Scourge. Next stop was TRU which had absolutely everything except Optimus Prime. i think I saw 8 Megatron's and about 15 Starscreams on the shelfs. :eek I already grabbed Scourge before hand in Comics America not sure I'd see him anywhere else for $45. Should've waited. :redface I hit several other stores including Superstores, and Zeller's until winding up at a Walmart in the opposite end of the city and not only finally found Optimus, but also Red alert. :clap

Back on topic I honstly don't know what the Starscreaming about Scourge was in the beggining. This is literally one of the most bad ass alt modes I have ever seen. Excellent design, and the colouring looks incredible. His articulation is decent and the arms aren't near as bad as people make them out to be. The arms have no problem rotating up or down. The wrists don't rotate but the lower arm does from the elbow, and the elbow itself is ratcheted so the lower arm can move up. Legs move at the hips, knees, and ankles which also rotate. The only real difference between him and Jetfire is his waist doesn't rotate and his arms don't go to the side. Other than that he's a solid figure IMO. My only real complaint though is I wish the head and axe handle had recieved more paint aps.

Scourge is simply a must have for beastie fans and for anyone who likes big badass TFs. :thumb

Archived