Classic "chuk-chuk-chak-chuk" sound in new movie..

My Alt. Mode Sucks

Should they use it?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Should they use it?

• GEEWUN SOUND RULEZ
    • No, we need something new.
    • Generic whirring and buzzing would be fine.
    • The sound from Armada/Energon

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

even though I don't have an overall favortie TF show.... teh g1 sound is, and MOST LIKELY will always be the best transforming sound. i'd go with it for nostalga reasons too. a big part of the movie's audience is goign ot be people who watched the cartoon as kids, and then find out about the movie. keeping the old transformation sound would be a good move to reel in that audience.

Voted something entirely new.

I agree with ES. Something new is needed entirely. Each Transformer I imagine will have unique and elaborate transformation sequence. What the sound designers need to do is disect the entire process/bot and decide which sounds most realistically bring it the elements, moving parts to life best. Some examples would be churning gears, moving plates, hydraulics, ect, and incorporate them together to give each TF an original signiture sound. A good example of this would be how it was done for Beastwars.

Sorry I.S.T. but using the outdated trademark soundeffects from G1 would be cheezy, and grow increasingly iratating fast IMO. I may be the only one but nostalga does nothing for me anymore.  :tdown

Archived