Worst Alternator

Slagatron

swerve. plain and simple. i just have no love for him. as for the seibertron comment, mine looks exactly the same as those pics. i don't understand the comment.

:tazbot

of all the possibilities, they chose swerve

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Viper mold is uninspired and compromised, looks like a fat TF with long legs, hate the proportions :(

So is the S2000. Same leg/ankle issue, then the shoulders are mad hindered.

but athetically the proportions are better and you need to appreciate the design work that went into it, they didnt make his legs long for a joke, they are long to enable him to be uniform to the heights of the other alternaors despite having a much smaller alt mode.

I dont think anyone could say that the S2000 mold looks fat in robot form, the Viper mold would look much better if not for the windscreen over the abdomen.  But this is just my way of judgeing them, by proportion and design, others may judge on character or colour, favourites (and least favourites) is a very subjective thing

[edit] BTW, Ravage is as he is because he's a reincarnation of the Beast Wars X9 Ravage, not "Jaguar".

I guess it does makes a little more sense now.

Still, he looks strange walking upright with a cat head. He sort of reminds me of a Thundercat. A very evil one at that.

You could answer this question a lot of ways... are you talking Hasbro only, or are you talking about the overall figure designs?

If you're strictly going by Alternators, I'd have to say Decepticharge. Swerve may be a "WTF" choice (as are a few others), but at least he looks cool. The S2000 mold has just been botched from the beginning, which is a pity since it was such a great car and a great mold. For the life of me, I will never understand why someone decided that Overdrive would be a good choice as an Alt/BT. And then Hasbro goes ahead and uses Overdrive and calls him Windcharger *even though* there *is* a real Windcharger head already out there for use in the remold. The whole thing just seems like a bit of a snafu to me. How much better would it have been to just paint Overdrive blue and call him Beachcomber or something (if they didn't want to waste any of the "big" character names)? Then we could have gotten a red Autobot Windcharger, looking as he should. Stupid stupid stupid.

Oh did I mention that Decepticharge looks totally retarded?

The Viper mold is uninspired and compromised, looks like a fat TF with long legs, hate the proportions :(

Shoulders seem fine to me, much better than Hound/Swindle, or the Subarus.

Legs are better than Sideswipe, too, but not by a whole lot.  A bit better range on the knees.

Shoulders seem fine to me, much better than Hound/Swindle, or the Subarus.

Legs are better than Sideswipe, too, but not by a whole lot.  A bit better range on the knees.

Sideswipe has enough leg articulation for me. I don't need my TFs to do crunches or anything. I sure don't pose them that way.

I must be the only yahoo on here who loves sideswipe. He has a classic TF head and looks Nosecone diesel in bot mode. He still has the best arms out of all them in the line so far. He's not my fav., but is real close.

Archived