Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TFormers Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Transformers Cybertron

Recommended Posts

I taped this for my son.

 

Complete sh*t.

 

:tdown

 

At least he has his Beast Wars DVDs to keep him happy.

Were Garry Chalk and David Kaye not voicing Optimus and Megatron respectively?  (not that it really matters with a dubbed show.)

  • Replies 213
  • Views 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
stop it...   you people are depressing me, and I haven't even seen it  :inhrf

Meh, it's just the usual negativity that comes with something new. You didn't actually think people would say something positive about it did you?

If you liked it, then good for you. Here's a more detailed review from me:

 

The 2-D animation was on a par with anime from the 70's. Then again, it's hard to judge the 2-D animation, since all they used it for was these goofy-looking humans and a few objects etc. But there was no real style to it at all. The 3-D animation had the "dirty shadows" look of cheap CG, like the kind you get in PS2 games. (You know, where shadows don't make things look darker, just dingy.) The mouth movements were about as jerky as you could ask for, too. But the combination of the CG and 2-D animation was just horrendous. There was no sense at all that the TFs and the people inhabited the same space. There was no shading at all on the human characters, and the CG characters all looked like they were standing under spotlights.

 

The music sounded as if they had just kept the Japanese score. Which is not a good thing IMO. If "gratuitous use of horns" were a punishable offense, this cartoon would be getting a lethal injection. And the theme song... well it was another G1 theme song rehash, this time with the "lyrics" to the original G1 theme spoken by some guy, for some reason.

 

The voices were about what you would expect from dubbed TV anime. That is, they sucked. Jetfire's so-called Australian accent was horrific -- he sounded like Steve Irwin doing a cowboy impersonation. And it was sad to once again hear great veteran TF voice actors like David Kaye and Gary Chalk doing ADR; you wonder why they even bother getting them for the roles.

 

As for the plot -- well it did help a bit to realize that this was in fact the fourth episode. Now I know why it made absolutely no freaking sense at all. I'm assuming that in episodes 1-3 they explain why the Autobots would trust their fate to these dipsh*t random kids. However, that is not to say that the show was well-written b/c it wasn't. It was typical Japanese crap -- "I have power!!" "Well I have MORE power!!" "Oh yeah well I have SUPER MEGA DELUXE POWER!!!" and that's it. And don't forget the hilarious comic relief provided by the kids and the Autobots who have a hard time fitting in to human society. I swear I would rather have watched Pokemon. At least with that show you know who the main characters are.

 

I'm sure all the GF fans will be saying that the dub ruined the show, and that GF is like 1000% better. Whatever.

I cant wait to see this show for myself.

stop it... you people are depressing me, and I haven't even seen it  :inhrf

Meh, it's just the usual negativity that comes with something new. You didn't actually think people would say something positive about it did you?

If you liked it, then good for you. Here's a more detailed review from me:

 

The 2-D animation was on a par with anime from the 70's. Then again, it's hard to judge the 2-D animation, since all they used it for was these goofy-looking humans and a few objects etc. But there was no real style to it at all. The 3-D animation had the "dirty shadows" look of cheap CG, like the kind you get in PS2 games. (You know, where shadows don't make things look darker, just dingy.) The mouth movements were about as jerky as you could ask for, too. But the combination of the CG and 2-D animation was just horrendous. There was no sense at all that the TFs and the people inhabited the same space. There was no shading at all on the human characters, and the CG characters all looked like they were standing under spotlights.

 

The music sounded as if they had just kept the Japanese score. Which is not a good thing IMO. If "gratuitous use of horns" were a punishable offense, this cartoon would be getting a lethal injection. And the theme song... well it was another G1 theme song rehash, this time with the "lyrics" to the original G1 theme spoken by some guy, for some reason.

 

The voices were about what you would expect from dubbed TV anime. That is, they sucked. Jetfire's so-called Australian accent was horrific -- he sounded like Steve Irwin doing a cowboy impersonation. And it was sad to once again hear great veteran TF voice actors like David Kaye and Gary Chalk doing ADR; you wonder why they even bother getting them for the roles.

 

As for the plot -- well it did help a bit to realize that this was in fact the fourth episode. Now I know why it made absolutely no freaking sense at all. I'm assuming that in episodes 1-3 they explain why the Autobots would trust their fate to these dipsh*t random kids. However, that is not to say that the show was well-written b/c it wasn't. It was typical Japanese crap -- "I have power!!" "Well I have MORE power!!" "Oh yeah well I have SUPER MEGA DELUXE POWER!!!" and that's it. And don't forget the hilarious comic relief provided by the kids and the Autobots who have a hard time fitting in to human society. I swear I would rather have watched Pokemon. At least with that show you know who the main characters are.

 

I'm sure all the GF fans will be saying that the dub ruined the show, and that GF is like 1000% better. Whatever.

 

 

Well, that's the most detailed review I've read in a loooong time.  This sounds really horrible.  But, like most things, I will have to experience it for myself to get a "first-hand" feel for this atrocity.  (Kind of like when your friend smells something horrible and then says to you,  "Arrgh!!  Smell this.  It's terrible."  and out of curiosity, you smell it.)

I didn't think it was as bad as most are making it out to be.  I kind of liked it actually.  It takes a few minutes to get used to the accents.  They used totally new score music in the background.  There was definitely a reason they started with the fourth episode.  If I hadn't read this thread first I probably would have liked it more initially.  BTW Galaxy Force rOxXoRs 1000x more :roll Ok maybe 10x :thumb

It could be the worst show on Earth (but it isn't) but Britsy Red alert makes it all better.

:tftongue

 

 

*Love to British Red alert*

just like we Americans can't hear our own 'accent', that is, in fact, how you Aussies sound to us.

 

Trust me, I grew up inland in Australia, in the fairly rural areas, and I can hear the accent. I've spent in total about 6-7 years out of the country, so it's always obvious when I come back. But the way yank cartoons usually make us sound (and I'm particularly remembering the Simpsons here) is like the bastard child of some cockney/welsh/south african accent. Main problem they have is they speak it as slowly as Americans talk. Australians tend to speak in more rapid bursts between beers.

I think its like this... all the TF toons (excludinbg beast wars but that wasnt really your standard robot to vehicle goodness)

 

all the TV series have been kind of stupid... I mean they have all had the dumb kids theme etc... the animation has been lack luster etc...

 

But I looked past that to watch the whole series at least once

 

So its not like I'll really be dissappointed

 

but the toys look cool so I'll most likely get them

 

maybe the movie wont suck...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

or maybe it will

I'm sure all the GF fans will be saying that the dub ruined the show, and that GF is like 1000% better. Whatever.

 

I watch Cybertron before I got ahold of GF(:redface) and I think GF is 100X better. Where does that put me?

 

the few things that bugs me about both versions is A. The 2d characters look somewhat halfassed. B. the TFs look too dark. C. the damn mouth movements. Flame Convoy in beast mode is almost painful to watch. GF has it's flaws that are not in Cybertron as well. Several of the characters sound a bit too simular, for instance. On the whole, GF is a lot better, but it's not much more than just good in my eyes.

stop it... you people are depressing me, and I haven't even seen it  :inhrf

Meh, it's just the usual negativity that comes with something new. You didn't actually think people would say something positive about it did you? Just try to view it without bias. As "bad" as Energon was considered, I find it oddly entertaining to watch everyone pick apart Cybertron.

 

Agreed. I went into it expecting less than I got. It's an o.k. kids show, nothing more. I'm gonna keep watching it just to see the differences between Galaxy Force and Cybertron.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!
SOCIAL NETWORKS

ToyNewsI MarvelousNews Tformers JediInsider
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the oldest, largest, and most popular news source for adult toy collectors (kidults) all around the world.

Get the scoop every day on all the popular culture action figures, comics, games, movies, toys, and more!

Contact and Support
Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy


All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Please Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.