Would the Matrix change other new leaders?

My Alt. Mode Sucks

He DID became all shiney and stuff when he touched the Matrix for the first time. Perhaps that was the start of the reformatting-process, which was halted when he gave the Matrix to UM. Then, when he touched it again, the reformatting-process was completed, and he changed shape, into Rodimus Prime. When he then lost the touch (No pun), he didn't immidiately revoert back again.

I don't think that first shiny bit was real, I think it was just a visual effect for the viewers.  When he changes in Unicron, doesn't Galvatron shield the light away?  If Hot Rod had glowed when he caught the matrix, and Magnus didn't, I'm sure the autobots all would have been all :wtf 

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It didn't alter Magnus' form during the short time he held it, though he wasn't chosen to be the next commander. I imagine that Prime didn't revert when he passed it on BECAUSE his new, stronger body had been given to him prior to being given the Matrix.

He also never opened it. Hot Rod did not change until after he opened it.

Nope nope nope! Hot Rod changed when he caught it when Prime dropped it. You can see the change in the light on his spoiler. Then he gives it to Ultra Magnus. Then later, Hot Rod is all serious about everything and suddenly has ideas he has never had. There was no change for Ultra Magnus, he was still a dumbass.

For the record... If I've had it translated correctly.. the "Shining Magnus" is what Magnus would've looked like if the matrix had accepted him.  The reason he didn't change is that he wasn't the "Chosen One," therefore the change is determined by the matrix itself.  Prime was a super bad@$$ when he got the matrix and didn't need one.  Hot Rod was a wimp and needed it, magnus wasn't accepted by the matrix.. so he didn't change.

Of course, this begs the question of "If Prime had the knowledge in the matrix, why didn't he know Hot Rod would be the chosen one?"  Ahhhh... Hollywood.. ain't it grand ;-)

If anyone else translated the Shining Magnus stuff... or if there is a translation somewhere, feel free to correct me.

I always thought Shining Magnus was an excuse to blind people with the lemon-yellow color...but that's the reason he was all...mega bright? Interesting...I'm not sure how much fun staring at a gold-colored Magnus for all of season 3 woulda been, however.

I always thought Shining Magnus was an excuse to blind people with the lemon-yellow color...but that's the reason he was all...mega bright? Interesting...I'm not sure how much fun staring at a gold-colored Magnus for all of season 3 woulda been, however.

It was sort of a lame exclusive..  :roll I think the only good one was Diaclone Magnus or the Movie Trailer version... unless they're one in the same..

I think that the MATRIX would cause a change in any AUTOBOT or CYBERTRONIAN that it had chosen to become PRIME, no matter how big he or she was and thus giving that particular bot some extra abilities and firepower.  I wonder if ORION PAX became OPTIMUS PRIME after he was touched by the MATRIX.  I'm not sure if it was ever mentioned.  All I remember from the cartoon was Orion being repaired by ALPHA TRION and EMERAL and then ...BAM!  AUTOBOT leader is born.  I don't think that we absoloutely know what happened during his transition to PRIME.  I'd even venture to think that if the MATRIX chose GRIMLOCK to become leader, we'd see one bad @$$ed Terranno, or given to PROWL, he'd become an armored SWAT truck...who knows?

When Optimus was repaired I think he already had his "look" we have all come to know so to speak. It was when he came to earth that he became a semi truck. The Matrix made any Autobot wiser and I think thats what happened to Hot Rod when he got it, it made him grow up. Why it didnt change Magnus is a mystery to me but as someone said maybe he wasnt the chosen one. I think the Matrix decides that. I think Magnus was just a holder of the Matrix until Hot Rod was ready.

:usa

one of the things that seems to hold water, as was just mentioned, is that the Matrix made Hot Rod grow up, hence his reversion whenever he lost the matrix.  That may have been one of his problems as leader, he didn't have a chance to grow up, and so didn't feel ready to take it.  Now, according to what continuity you subscribe to, Prime didn't have time to grow up either. 

And Prime himself implies that Magnus may not be the chosen one with his deathbed speech. 

Yeah the Shining Magnus was the lemon colored one, but I do like it.  And, yes, the translation from my roommate in college was that this was the version of Magnus had he been the "Chosen One."

Again, I haven't been able to Google a translation of this toy.  Just what my old roomie could tell me. 

Just my two cents, wanted or not  :tftongue

Archived