An idea for how to "movie-fy" Soundwave.

My Alt. Mode Sucks

I think he'd be great as a news van. He'd have all the equipment needed to spy on and communicate with the other Decepticons, and some of his equipment could be Ravage or Rumble. Like have Laserbeak be a news camera.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't see how size shifting would be an issue at all. Some TFs were ment to do that from the beginning. I still think they shouldn't abandon the idea. I want my tapedeck Soundwave back!!! :tfsad

I like the idea of him being a spy sorta vehicle.. ya know the kind of van they have in spy movies with all that cable for taping phone wires and such. Big Screen is nice.. if they wanted to do a movie about a world where EVERYTHING was transfomers.. it might be sorta interesting. But then you'd have to explain why theres an evil robot chillin in your living room.

I know I sure in hell don't want an alt mode that turns into a big screen.. think of how fragile you are! All you need is one gutless autobot to plow right into you in alt mode, and your pretty much scrap.

:pfx Sadly there might not be a soundwave in the movie and no ravage, laserbeak, rumble etc etc....

Actually, Don has confirmed that Soundwave WILL be in the movie, but using some other "non-disclosed" form.

I can't see how size shifting would be an issue at all. Some TFs were ment to do that from the beginning. I still think they shouldn't abandon the idea. I want my tapedeck Soundwave back!!! :tfsad

Because mass-displacement is a Logical, Evidence-based Explanation, three things which some Transformers fans are viciously opposed to. :tftongue

Though from a film standpoint, eliminating such a subject could add consistency and keep it from being bogged down with technical asides. It certainly could be done if handled right (a clear, quick explanation in dialogue that doesn't harp on details, and a consistent use of the tech though the movie besides transforming such as weapons, ammo, ship fuel storage, etc). It would be very difficult for it to not be awkward, but it *could* be done. i'm sure it'll be fine without such an important mechanism.

However, if some big-name film reviewer says they didn't have to change such transformations and it underestimates the audience, I'm going to laugh. :P

Archived