Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TFormers Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Best/cutest G1/G2 Gimmick

Recommended Posts

In G1 and G2 the Transformers line was not dominated by a single gimmic like today's lines. No, there were lots of different Transformers and each subgroup had their own gimmick.

 

I got in the G2 Autoroller Roadblock today and thought about how neat that gimmick was: self-transforming Transformers. And not like the Jumpstarters or Battlechargers. No, these Transformations a just a tad more involved.

 

It is really tool to roll one of these forward and seeing him rise. :tftongue (Just as cool as Armada Prime's auto transforming trailer.)

 

I also liked the feature of the Laser Rods: light up engine and sword combined with cool vehicle modes and very posable robot modes in one Transformer, how much cooler can you get? The Laser Cycles are cool too, of course.

 

If they released all these Transformers in Universe (preferably with a cool colorscheme but that is not very likely) then I would surely buy them.

 

What is your favorite G1/G2 gimmick?

  • Replies 33
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Powermasters! I really like the idea of transforming engines. I'd LOVE to have a Powermaster Alt.

First Off...I do not like the Nebulan approach with organics being part of the Transformers...I always ignored that and imagined my toys were just smaller robots, and I always shall do that, tv show/comics be damned.

 

I liked the Targetmasters a lot.

Always did...just seemed like a powerful thing to have a little robot that could spy, sneak attack, and do other things while becoming a powerful weapon for you to use.

 

I also liked the Powermasters too.

  • Author

Those were cool Transformers as well.

 

It does make more sense for the smaller figures to be robots. Afterall, an organic creature will eventually die and where will that leave his partner. Of course a robot can also die but not from old age or anything. :tftongue

Head/Target/Power Masters. Followed by Laser Rods,

First Off...I do not like the Nebulan approach with organics being part of the Transformers...I always ignored that and imagined my toys were just smaller robots, and I always shall do that, tv show/comics be damned.

 

I liked the Targetmasters a lot.

Always did...just seemed like a powerful thing to have a little robot that could spy, sneak attack, and do other things while becoming a powerful weapon for you to use.

 

I also liked the Powermasters too.

Agreed. That's why I thought RID was cool, because "Plasma" was just considered a smaller robot rather than a human in armor.

 

My favourite G1/G2 gimmick...

 

Laser Rods and Headmasters (but only in the case of Fort Max).

The masters line, I'd like a Master Alternator too, featuring all three...with an exception of robot into engine. maybe an animal into engine...but the head and target guys could transform into passengers. (especially since Microman doesn't fit. doh.)

Followed by the Laser-line as well. I only had Laser Prime and the Laser Cycles though. It'd be awesome if HasTak could make an Alternator that incorporates both the masters and the laser idea. :D

(and combiners. who doesn't like the combiners?)

 

Aoi

I liked the Powermasters. The Targetmasters in my opinion were just "meh", adn the Headmasters were cool, but not as much as the Powermasters. The Action Masters: :tdown :tdown And of course, the combiners are teh awsome thing in the world of Transformers. And like most, the organic partner for heads, weapons, engines was just stupid. Give me a good ol' robot that does just that anyday.

Well I never saw any of "season 4" as a kid, so I never even realized the power/whatever masters were supposed to be alive. I just always assumed they were robots, since that's what they looked like. It's only recently that I learned they were Nebulans, so they'll always be robots in my book.

(and combiners. who doesn't like the combiners?)

Oh, good point. I forgot about the combiners, since everyone was talking about Laser Rods and Targetmasters. :tflaugh1

 

But yes, the combiners were a VERY cool gimmick, and now look what the early ones have led to? Rail Racer, Omega Prime, E. Superion/Bruticus/Buildron...

 

It's just so... :tfsad ...beautiful...

 

 

COMBINERZ OWN!!!!!!!!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!
SOCIAL NETWORKS

ToyNewsI MarvelousNews Tformers JediInsider
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the oldest, largest, and most popular news source for adult toy collectors (kidults) all around the world.

Get the scoop every day on all the popular culture action figures, comics, games, movies, toys, and more!

Contact and Support
Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy


All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Please Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.