TFC Toys Wings Of Uranos Combined Color Sample Teaser

ExVee

The upgrade package to give the Uranos (not-Superion) combiner from TFC an appearance more in line with the classic look may be getting close to being released. TFC has posted a photo showing full color parts from the Wings set applied to Uranos, giving it a new chest plate, waist armor, rifle and modifying the head to a faceplated appearance. Not shown are the small weapon add ons for the individual team members, but they have shown what most would probably consider important from this kit. Read the Full News Story Here

wings__scaled_600.jpg

Come on already!!! I've held off building my Superion until I get this set.......I am assuming that this set will be in stock really soon. :yay

I'm going to get this simply because it's a markedly better look for the combiner mode, but this will most likely be my last TFC purchase. I feel like they're taking advantage of the fan base by throwing on this add on for yet more cash. The price they charge for these figures should already have these added in.

:agreesb

I'm going to get this simply because it's a markedly better look for the combiner mode, but this will most likely be my last TFC purchase. I feel like they're taking advantage of the fan base by throwing on this add on for yet more cash. The price they charge for these figures should already have these added in.

I was thinking maybe there is a legal reason for this... I mean they are already in that gray area and if they release a new set with the new pieces it will shoot down my idea.

But what if the reason is because the original set didn't really look like Superion? The jets pretty much did but Hasbro doesn't own those designs. Then they can release the kit later which is really a stand alone product. IDK, just an idea.

Whether that is or isn't the case, what's really relevant is the public opinion it forms. Doing this once with Hercules, fine, you respond to a certain number of people who wanted a more traditional look even at the cost of being all self-contained. Do it a second time with the next one and have prototypes of the add-ons ready to show way early and you start to look like you're milking whether or not it's the intent. What the end customer sees in this behavior determines whether they want to continue supporting TFC products. It puts me off. But my overall thoughts on TFC's products are a matter best left to a different channel than this.

Nothing like spending over $500 on a set of upscaled deluxes with poor engineering all because it claims to be self contained. But wait! Self contained means you spent all that money just to get a poor base for a representation of a G1 figure you want. To get the actual likeness of said figure and one that looks half decent at best you must spend even more money and buy another set of pieces that eventually need to be stored in a box (oh and some of them pieces were to come with the actual figures but removed for the sake of this money grab)

I can see why TFC decided to hide behind the name of Warbotron. How many times can you fool the people with the same trick. So far 2, but it seems MMC stopped them from acheiving three with a far superior Predaking.

Archived