FOC Generations are At Target

Forcehunter

It's a shame that these retailers don't get in new stuff. I called a Toys R Us last Thursday to see if they got any new Transformers in on their truck. They hadn't. So I asked if they order new Transformers and the girl said "Oh, we don't know what we get until they send us the truck." Either this is BS, or they just don't care. I would think that a retail store would say "Oh, we need some new Prime RID figures." Or, "We have too many Bumblebees, why are these not selling?" I just don't get it.

I'm not sure how TRU works but i know KB Toys had a guy sitting at a desk in an office somewhere who did the ordering for stores. Not actual people in the store who can look at the stock and see what is needed. They have to order for the whole store including Dolls, Building Blocks, outdoor stuff, and the Babies R US side of the store too. With the amount of coupons i get for baby stuff, i would assume TRU's baby stuff is the stores bread winner.

This is fairly accurate, I worked for KB Toys for 2 years (just before the bankruptcy) we got soooo many Barbie's in you'd think that was our #1 seller... it was not.

If you don't have someone observing sales trends in the actual stores sending that info to the higher ups, then KB Toys would be a good example of the inevitable outcome of your store.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a shame that these retailers don't get in new stuff. I called a Toys R Us last Thursday to see if they got any new Transformers in on their truck. They hadn't. So I asked if they order new Transformers and the girl said "Oh, we don't know what we get until they send us the truck." Either this is BS, or they just don't care. I would think that a retail store would say "Oh, we need some new Prime RID figures." Or, "We have too many Bumblebees, why are these not selling?" I just don't get it.

I'm not sure how TRU works but i know KB Toys had a guy sitting at a desk in an office somewhere who did the ordering for stores. Not actual people in the store who can look at the stock and see what is needed. They have to order for the whole store including Dolls, Building Blocks, outdoor stuff, and the Babies R US side of the store too. With the amount of coupons i get for baby stuff, i would assume TRU's baby stuff is the stores bread winner.

This is fairly accurate, I worked for KB Toys for 2 years (just before the bankruptcy) we got soooo many Barbie's in you'd think that was our #1 seller... it was not.

If you don't have someone observing sales trends in the actual stores sending that info to the higher ups, then KB Toys would be a good example of the inevitable outcome of your store.

I think that's another of the problems faced with retailers. In many cases, you have execs making big buying decisions that really don't know the markets. An exec in charge knows the Barbie brand and thinks they can't go wrong ordering boatloads of them only to have to sell off the excess to bargain outlets later on.

It's amazing that places you'd think would have smart, really knowledgeable people in charge, really don't. Hell, anyone who knows anything about politics should know how true that is. Management, both at store and corporate levels have become just as lacking in specialties as the people working the stores have.

I'm not getting too excited over the new planograms. It seems like my store never even got in half of what was on the last planogram!

Unfortunately, Shockwave seems to be going the Prime Vehicon route.

Seems like anything short packed is really hard to find lately. We all know short packed figures are nothing new, but finding them seems to be even harder recently. This crappy distribution as of late is really sucking the fun out of the hobby.

Seems like anything short packed is really hard to find lately. We all know short packed figures are nothing new, but finding them seems to be even harder recently. This crappy distribution as of late is really sucking the fun out of the hobby.

It's not the distribution...it's the stock people holding back the short packed/popular figures.

Would it annoy you guys if I told you I ordered a vehicon for less than spanish retail that I've been starinig at in stock on this site for about a month now?

Would it annoy you guys if I told you I ordered a vehicon for less than spanish retail that I've been starinig at in stock on this site for about a month now?

Sparkless if you can get 2 of the RID revealer's Vehicons there how much would you sell them to me for? Including shipping to the US?

Don't forget that most stores can't send back opened stock, they can send back sealed cases though so that would be another reason for shoddy service when they have the figure in stock but just won't sell it to you.

It's not the distribution...it's the stock people holding back the short packed/popular figures.

I am sure that happens, but do you really think the majority of toy department stock boys know what figures are popular/rare? I could really be underestimating their greed, (assuming they are scalping the toys) but if I were to have to choose, I would say its the distro.

Sparkless if you can get 2 of the RID revealer's Vehicons there how much would you sell them to me for? Including shipping to the US?

Don't forget that most stores can't send back opened stock, they can send back sealed cases though so that would be another reason for shoddy service when they have the figure in stock but just won't sell it to you.

Just checked back on the site, and looks like i snagged thei last one :(

Archived