DOTM RoadBuster=junk

WereFox2009

Y'know, an easy solution to some of these minute QC issues that have noticeable effects would be learning the basics of modifying and repairing figures.

For example, if a balljoint pops off all the time, you can beef up the nubs in the socket that hold the ball in by gluing small plastic shavings to them and then whittling away at the shavings until it's perfectly shaped to accept the ball without damaging anything and still holds it in tightly.

Also, for those rotator disc joints that can pop out, you can do a similar fix by gluing a shaving to the mouth of the socket to hold the disc in.

Hinge and swivel joints can either be tightened by tightening a screw or by the careful application of glue with a toothpick.

These are all basic fixes that don't take more than 5 minutes. They take less time and less effort than driving to the store to get a new figure to possibly be disappointed again. And hell, if you fuck up the mod, then you can just return the figure for a new one and try again if the problem persists. There's a bit of a moral quandary here, except no one in their right mind would buy a figure that was returned, anyway.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, Roadbuster SEEMS to be missing a few apps. There's a thought. Maybe those sponsors pulled out from Hasbro and they had to remove them. It happens. Perhaps Hasbro had a mockup with the sponsors while they were still in negotiation and said sponsers said "no thanks". It happens :shrug

Considering that I display in Robot mode and not alt mode, not being a streamlined NASCAR is of no consequence to me. Also we have not seen any pics of the Wreckers in normal NASCAR

OK, Roadbuster SEEMS to be missing a few apps. There's a thought. Maybe those sponsors pulled out from Hasbro and they had to remove them. It happens. Perhaps Hasbro had a mockup with the sponsors while they were still in negotiation and said sponsers said "no thanks". It happens :shrug

I was wondering when someone would hit the BINGO!

The sponsor stickers all over would be a nice touch, but oh well. As for other paint apps, they really aren't that hard to do yourself, at least for some of the more basic touches. If you want major custom detail, that's obviously a bit more work and takes a more practiced hand. Still though, I've been learning and it really isn't that difficult.

Just bought my forth and last RoadBuster, I also picked up Topspin... I am so ashamed that Hasbro would produce such crap! Top spins gun turrets(?) can's support the wieght, and the blood plastic is so cheap!!! And don't get me started on RoadBuster again, each one I bought had either loose joints, or poorly constructed bits, #4 actually has loose wheels that sag horribly!!! Sideswipe is junk, jolts a repaint... again, Roadbuster is unpainted and junk, topspins is under painted, and junk, god forbid they make a leadfoot, starscream no matter what the review says is a chunk of brick, I'm not going any where near another bumblebee, crankcase is friggin tiny (you would think with all the times they show ironhide and him fight in the trailers that he'd have been a voyager), Ratchet just sucks in all forms... is that everyone? NO!!! The HA figures had sooo much potential!!! BUT THE FRIGGIN HUMANS ARE BLOODY TINY!!! and whats up with every movie toy hasbro ties to push on us being called a triple changer??? a lump of limbs, and outside in panels does not mean its anything but half transformed hasbro!!! So now that I have my MadMax Megatron i'm good til his leaderform emerges, so hasbro... F@ck You.

You know, you could just wait for the HA Roadbuster to come out. Bet you anything it'll have better construction than the deluxe.

Archived