Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TFormers Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

First Looks at TakaraTomy Masterpiece MP-10 Convoy and Human Driver

Recommended Posts

We have certainly heard quite a bit about TakaraTomy's upcoming Masterpiece MP-10 Convoy figure, but we finally get a look at the figure and its human driver. Courtesy of the famitoy blog, we have views of the figure and the scale of the figure, as compared with MP-09 Rodimus Convoy. Read more... Read the Full News Story Here
  • Replies 43
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still feel burned after that MP9 QC fiasco. I cant wait to hear what kind of problems this thing has. It looks like it has the potential for multiple issues. I almost want to pass on this one just to wait for the 2nd run where they fix whatever problems the original figure has - still upset about that.

What a state we are in. Hasbro cant get their product on the streets, and Takara keeps putting out high price - low quality (I am assuming this one will have QC issues) stuff. Consider me disgruntled.

I think this is gorgeous!! I want it. But I also DON'T want a floppy figure like MP9 was.

:bored

"Convoy's blaster may be folded and stored in his backside, allowing you to no longer lose loose piece."

 

Kinky. :tflaugh Does this mean that Elita-1 was just a beard?

Like it, but is alittle too high priced. $80-$100 for a MP is a perfect range. $249 + shipping is not. I know, the trailer and all the accessories..blah blah blah, but, still too high.

 

Looks like they may have been listening to the fans about the scale difference but the price is still to high.

----------------------------------------------

Ok, so, I stared at it a little longer to study the detail. It looks very nice and depending on the release date I would consider saving up for one. This Convoy is really nice but I still think the price is high.

What I find annoying about this MP Convoy is the fact that he's basically just a smaller, refined version of MP-01. There's nothing about it that shows it can be any better for wearing the Ultra Magnus armor.

 

Hasbro is only selling MP Hot Rod, without the trailer. We can safely assume that they might do the same with this Optimus Prime. However, the trailer is now being established in DOTM and there are two movie Optimus Prime toys with trailers. I wonder if it's enough to secure the iconic status of the trailer, thus ensuring us a MP Optimus Prime with trailer?

 

 

 

Who am I kidding? I've had an Optimus Prime since I was five years old. I'll probably order the one from Takara.

Just from these pics, I don't think it looks nay better than MP-01. In vehicle mode it looks like its side windows are painted red.

Yeah I've never had a problem with how MP01 looks, it captured Prime's chunky toon look almost spot on. If anything this new version is less accurate and a little too Gundam-style for my preference. I like the alt mode better though, but is it worth getting? Can I be bothered?! And does this mean Mp11 will be a new smaller and slightly different looking Megatron? I mean they've solved the scale problem to Rodimus/Starscream etc, but created a new one cos now Megatron will tower over Prime *sigh*

 

What's this about one touch transformation? Does it have a button you push and it transforms by itself?

That in itself might be a big enough gimmick to save this from being a waste of an MP... if I believed for one moment that a figure with such a complex transformation as MP Prime could TF itself! :P

:deadhorse.....looks like HasTakTomy saw that igear smaller prime and followed suit...maybe that's why they were crackin' down on thirdparty vendors.... :shrug

 

I never got anything but the US MP Prime. I still stand by my statement that MP line is close to death in the US.

 

Everyone that is bitchin' about the MP line having all these repaints...blah blah blah (that includes me :) ) has to remember that the Takara line is targeted at Japanese buyers, not US. Japanese buyers don't seem to mind buying the same item over and over and over again I guess?

 

Would a re-lease? re-paint? of MP Megatron been better? I guess if they fixed the head?

 

MP Dinobots would sellout so fast HasTakTomy wouldn't know what to do with all the profits. Dinosaurs + Robots = win $$$

 

Just seems like they have a car with a 7 - speed transmission and they are still stuck in 2nd gear thinking they are doing good!!!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!
SOCIAL NETWORKS

ToyNewsI MarvelousNews Tformers JediInsider
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the oldest, largest, and most popular news source for adult toy collectors (kidults) all around the world.

Get the scoop every day on all the popular culture action figures, comics, games, movies, toys, and more!

Contact and Support
Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy


All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Please Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.