First looks at Transformers Prime Starscream Action Figure!

BaCon

Wow. So THIS is why the DOTM figure suck. (Hasbro was focusing more of the TF Prime Figures, :D and did a heck of good job too. :thumb )

no the weapon gimmick is what DotM figures suck. The had to simplify the figures if they still want to sell them for 9-12 bucks each and include the weapon gimmick. Hasbro has expanded their R&D teams in the past few years with the cash influx. They're able to focus competently on more than one line at once, which they've proven recently.

I'm agreeing with both of ya on this haha.

Screamer is looking pretty good. Definitely a better design then Bayverse. And I can see him pulling off the spindly, sneaky lil prick look ... kinda fitting with the plotting and backstabbing. Now let's just hope he ACTS like Screamer for once!

whoa whoa... i wouldn't say that this is better than the movie-verse starscream. i think both designs are perfect for who they are and what they are to each universe.

i will however say that this design is leaps and bounds over animated starscream.. same with his characterization. same goes for the execution of the figure.. as spindly as the feet look (and i love the way they look) they probably won't be half as bad as animated starscreams.. plus, the head is cooler, and the arm missiles are AWESOME (thank god for no spring loaded garbage). bring on soundwave and ratchet.. and the drone warrior things and bulkhead.

Agreed on both of the bolded points. I love Bayverse Starscream. Leader RotF SS is my second favorite toy, right after leader RotF Prime. And I'd really like to add Bulkhead to my collection!!!

Oh don't get me wrong, I LOVE the Leader class SS, that figure is a great figure imo! I'm just talking about his overall design. It does work for the Bayverse so I'm not totally against it, he's just nowhere near my favorite version of Screamer.

And yeah I'd love to see this Bulkhead done! Hopefully he doesn't look like a ball with legs (or wheels) like Animated did haha.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Except the design did NOT work for even its own universe! Not by a longshot! The only thing it worked well for was having very little screen time so that we the Starscream fans didn't have to see his hideous face.

THIS toy, however, is pure flawless Starscream excellence!

Except the design did NOT work for even its own universe! Not by a longshot! The only thing it worked well for was having very little screen time so that we the Starscream fans didn't have to see his hideous face.

lol ... I don't know if I'd say "pure flawless" but it IS leaps ahead of his big screen counterpart.

lol ... I don't know if I'd say "pure flawless" but it IS leaps ahead of his big screen counterpart.

Seriously lol'ing right now.

I figured they might be. This design is just as aberrant as the Bayverse vision of Screamer. Sometimes, though, aberrant is GOOD.

Looks way better then the Voyager MovieVerse Starscream :P

You=absolutely correct. Because I truly hated that mold--all of them.

But is it better than LeaderScreamer? Because that toy was a majestic miracle.

The Bayverse Screamer design was pretty cool, though. It worked for THAT universe, and did so pretty well. Screamer is my favorite TF character, so I'm a little surprised that I am so cool with the fact that each new iteration of him deviates more and more from his original G1 design.

Don't know if it is better then the Leader Class Starscream. I would have to say no. The Leader Class Starscream, is the only Starscream I have bought from the movieverse and it looks way better then any of the Voyager or the Protoform Starscream. I'm not completely sold on the Prime Starscream, but it looks worthwhile to get

I'm just curious as to what it is that (apparently) so many of you dislike about BayScream. I mean, is it just his overall appearance or is it something more? Nobody in the Bayverse outside of Optimus is particularly close to their G1 design. Nobody.It's an aberrant design, but then...

One thing I will give the Bayverse, fully and completely and without reservation, is that they portrayed Starscream EXCELLENTLY. For all the talk about TFA Starscream and how well he was portrayed (and he was), we forget that BayScream acted like Starscream should act, in the first movie and in the second. The character was very familiar to his G1 roots with what he said and how he said it. All that aaaaaaaand...in the first movie, he was startlingly competent. Efficient and effective. He--not Megatron, not Blackout, not Brawl or anyone else--had the Autobots and the military on the ropes all by HIMSELF. The Autobots seemed to absolutely fear him.

Sorry, but I think the Bayverse did extremely well by Starscream. Michael Bay & Co. deserve a pat on the back for that.

I'm just curious as to what it is that (apparently) so many of you dislike about BayScream. I mean, is it just his overall appearance or is it something more? Nobody in the Bayverse outside of Optimus is particularly close to their G1 design. Nobody.It's an aberrant design, but then...

One thing I will give the Bayverse, fully and completely and without reservation, is that they portrayed Starscream EXCELLENTLY. For all the talk about TFA Starscream and how well he was portrayed (and he was), we forget that BayScream acted like Starscream should act, in the first movie and in the second. The character was very familiar to his G1 roots with what he said and how he said it. All that aaaaaaaand...in the first movie, he was startlingly competent. Efficient and effective. He--not Megatron, not Blackout, not Brawl or anyone else--had the Autobots and the military on the ropes all by HIMSELF. The Autobots seemed to absolutely fear him.

Sorry, but I think the Bayverse did extremely well by Starscream. Michael Bay & Co. deserve a pat on the back for that.

It has nothing to do with the G1 aspect of Starscream. At least for me. to me the Movie Starscream looks more like a robotic ape. and the toys except for the Leader Class are all crap and horribly designed

In all honesty, he doesn't look enough like G1 SS. That's where this all comes from.

Me, I like the way movie SS looks. While he doesn't have traditional SS looks, the gorilla bird thing is really cool IMO. I adore the 07 SS mold and buy most repaints of it. He could be any other character and I'd be the same.

I actually like the design of movie SS, however the lack of a character development in the movies makes him hard to warm up to. The initial impression of TFP SS was quite unappealing to me. However after watching the series I absolutely love the guy, after Soundwave of course. So much persona in the character it blows out G1, animated, and movie ( if you can even count that) of proportion. IMO.

I like my leader class SS for what it is, but other than that I don't care to much for the movie verse character.

Archived