Takara 2010 Reissue Predaking

Yuyuyami

OH GOD. THIS GUY IS HUGE.

This figure is an experience that no Transformer Fan should miss in their lifetime. It's am amazing figure with really neat subrobots. This is my most favorite figure I've ever owned.

Now, I DO have two issues with it, though.

1. Every single subrobot has diecast. Fine for Headstrong, Tantrum and Razorclaw, but unacceptable for Rampage and Divebomb. The diecast in the arm component 'bots makes them too heavy. The hinges their connector pieces are on are very tight to manipulate by hand, but when combined they're super floppy. Also, if you have Predaking's arms posed in front of him, chances are he'll bend over because the diecast in the arms can get so much damn leverage on Razorclaw's weird-ass ratchet joints in the hips. I really wish Takara had had the presence of mind to make Rampage and Divebomb all plastic.

2. Divebomb's wings don't really securely snap into Razorclaw's back. If they're angled, they wedge in pretty well, especially if you have Razorclaw's front paws supporting them, but they still come out fairly easily.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The wings may not be a problem if you own the Crazy Devy version, at least from what I've heard. Anyone conferm?

CrazyDevy has a video on their website about how to install the new wings. They just slip onto, and snap onto, the original wings, so the regular wings still have to be attached to the back of Predaking.

So Rampage's waist joint was RIDICULOUSLY tight, so I ended up opening him to fix the problem. I clipped about a quarter off the spring used in the ratchet joint and now it works fine. But get this, the ratchet joint was OILED. I've never seen that in a Transformer before, although I admit I don't mess with GEE WUNNY stuff very often.

I've also figured out how to keep him from bending forward: Just flip out Razorclaw's toes and press them up against his crotch piece. It's not perfect, but it does the job fairly well.

I also removed Divebomb's tail 'cause it kept getting in the way and I don't use the crappy gun. Then I buffed up the wing attachment's peg so it stays on pretty well now. All that's left is to buff up Divebomb's peg a lil' and Predaking will be perfect until I can get some plastic waist pieces for Rampage and Divebomb.

Archived