Takara 2010 Reissue Predaking

Yuyuyami

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

meh... i'm plannin on gettin the original.

Is there a reason to go for the original and not this?

the only re-issue i have is god ginrai and i got that one back when it was released. all of my other g1's are originals.

Some people prefer the original ones. I myself would rather have a vintage then this reissue. The vintage looks better IMO

the only re-issue i have is god ginrai and i got that one back when it was released. all of my other g1's are originals.

Besides the gold paint on this reissue, and other minor changes on others, does having an original over a reissue matter? What benefit does it give? It's just more money down the drain, usually, for a figure probably in worse condition, or at least older and more brittle from age.

Besides the gold paint on this reissue, and other minor changes on others, does having an original over a reissue matter? What benefit does it give? It's just more money down the drain, usually, for a figure probably in worse condition, or at least older and more brittle from age.

:agree Personally I would much rather open a brand new box with a minty-fresh reissue inside and be the one to apply (or choose not to apply!) the stickers. I've only hunted down a couple of rare vintage figs (Whirl was the last) and generally disappointed by the whole grubby/scratched/second-hand/tatty box with Tech-specs cut out aspect.

In this case, the shiny new colour scheme makes me actually *want* the reissue even though I never much cared for the original. I think he looks much better. And die-cast = huge bonus :D

Maybe the reissue was made with a degraded mold, or has plastic instead of diecast components, or no longer has working missile launchers, or is sold under a different name for trademark reasons.

It's a largely "reissue has to be 100% accurate or I'm not buying" approach. I don't do this myself; I'm quite fine with the reissues in my collection.

With a degraded mold, well, that just goes into researching the reissue, something that should be done with every purchase. 100% accurate I can UNDERSTAND, but I have no sympathy for that approach unless something REALLY worthwhile was removed or blocked.

Archived