Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TFormers Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Voltron Movie concept pics...

Recommended Posts

why does everything need a redesign when becoming a movie? maybe a slight update, but why always the total do-overs? the appeal is in the classic design!

 

That said, I would love to see a live action voltron and robotech/macross movies

  • Replies 31
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally I'd wait for actual production shots before I make my judgement. I actually like Bay's (more like ILM's) interpretation of the TF designs, but I still feel that these concept shots are too similar at this stage.

 

I'm more excited looking forward to the CG animated Gaiking feature that's supposed to come out next year!

why does everything need a redesign when becoming a movie? maybe a slight update, but why always the total do-overs? the appeal is in the classic design!

 

That said, I would love to see a live action voltron and robotech/macross movies

 

The redesign is suppose to be more of an upgrade, simply because they get more money when making a movie then a TV show. I hope they stick with the lions they way they are, however Voltron needs to be redone.

Dammit, I could kill Michael Bay more than ever now. Voltron's a piece of human tech and therefore doesn't have to look alien, but because Bay's movies made money, they're obviously going to redesign everything we loved as children to have way too many sharp moving parts...

 

post-7178-035032600 1284684599.jpg

 

I like THIS design, what is this an older movie concept? or ...?

  • Author
Dammit, I could kill Michael Bay more than ever now. Voltron's a piece of human tech and therefore doesn't have to look alien, but because Bay's movies made money, they're obviously going to redesign everything we loved as children to have way too many sharp moving parts...

 

post-7178-035032600 1284684599.jpg

 

I like THIS design, what is this an older movie concept? or ...?

I think that was a concept art from the Voltron CGI series from the early 2000s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCb20iuCMXg

I heard about a cartoon they did in like 2002, i wonder if that was it, either way thanks 'Ricon, ill check that.

 

*edit* Looking at the CGI footage (youtube) and thinking back, i actually owned some of the toys from that era that looked just like those characters like Lo-tron, and co. Sweet! Now i wanna see the show! I never saw the show before, kinda like last year i had yet to hear of MOTU 2002 toon, which rocked!

Personally I'd wait for actual production shots before I make my judgement. I actually like Bay's (more like ILM's) interpretation of the TF designs, but I still feel that these concept shots are too similar at this stage.

 

I'm more excited looking forward to the CG animated Gaiking feature that's supposed to come out next year!

 

 

That thing just looks awesome!

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qS6E-Nu3xsg

Dammit, I could kill Michael Bay more than ever now. Voltron's a piece of human tech and therefore doesn't have to look alien, but because Bay's movies made money, they're obviously going to redesign everything we loved as children to have way too many sharp moving parts...

 

post-7178-035032600 1284684599.jpg

 

I like THIS design, what is this an older movie concept? or ...?

 

It's a piece of CG fan art I found using google images. Depressing, isn't it?

Ok this isn't Transformers related per say, but I thought my fellow Giant Robot fans would like to see this. I guess Bay's vision of Giant F'n Robots is inspiring others....Since Peter Cullen did the into to Voltron, this should slide, especially if TFormers still thinks anything Stan Bush does is Transformers related thus newsworthy...

 

http://www.joblo.com/exclusive-voltron-is-getting-ready-to-form-a-first-look-at-art-from-the-new-film

 

voltronexcl1-big.jpg

voltronexcl2-big.jpg

 

Where's Voltron? All I saw was some pics of some weird movieverse Ravage gestalt.

  • 2 weeks later...

Looks like someone is trying to rip-off Bay's concept pics.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!
SOCIAL NETWORKS

ToyNewsI MarvelousNews Tformers JediInsider
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the oldest, largest, and most popular news source for adult toy collectors (kidults) all around the world.

Get the scoop every day on all the popular culture action figures, comics, games, movies, toys, and more!

Contact and Support
Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy


All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Please Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.