What would you do if you were in charge at hasbro

SuperSaiyanGoku

This is an awesome subject. #1 I think fans should be able to pre-approve every product line. #2 hasbro should a few facility's across every country for design input. #3 Every effort should be made to improve the toys, while keeping to the original g1 series in concept. #4 Only produce fan requested repaints.#5 Use TFormers as a base of good reliable product info. #6 Make every effort to expand the line, by innovating new designs that both inspire creativity, and are durable. #7 Expand the Cross Overs line to more than just 5 marvel characters. Iclude a variance of all hasbro products an option of liscensing. #8 Develop a playable RPG with action figures for a table top game that makes fans want to collect the toys they love, as well as being used for game play. This game should be able to support all ages and increase in difficulty by age group. #9 Make more liscensed goods in more than just Autobots. I want to see a kid going to school with a decepticon backpack, and soundwave lunch box,and a Bunch of Robots joining him in an adventure. 10. Please come up with a decent cartoon that Entertains adults, but is still suitable for children. NO MORE CRAPPY ANIME LIKE ANIMATED. Make the art well thought and impressive.

Thats my Top-Ten!

"Ugly? We're Twins You Stupid Genious!"

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would make all figures paint job screen/comic accurate. and repaints would always have reason behind it.

the Main line would be based on cartoons or movies and run similar to now. mainly for kids and would be used to pay the bills.

Generations would be redirected as a collectors line. It would range from $10-$20 and would have a strict scale of 8 inches for leaders, 6 inches for soldiers, and 4.5 inches for minibots. The line would offer updated articulation and more screen accurate appearances from all eras(early focus on G1). Figures would also come with meaningful accessories.

Finally more complex or expensive figures such as MPs, alternators, Human Alliance, and japanese only figures would be sold online at the hasbro toy shop or similar exclusive website.

I have a book that I'm writing based on Transformers, Star Wars, and Terminator. I would do an entire all-classes line of the characters, each one having at least one figure of itself, no matter how small a part they had in the book(and there are 112 characters before humans). For example(s):legends class is only humans and motorcycle characters. Scout class, smaller characters with go-kart-like vehicle modes. Deluxe class, characters around Bumblebee's size to Cyclonus's. Voyager class, larger jets, tanks, semi's, helicopters, and larger civilian vehicles. Leader class, contains: Megatron, Optimus Prime, Starscream, Ultra Magnus, Galvatron, Rodimus Minor/Prime, The Fallen, Jetfire, Onslaught, Scattorshot, Astrotrain, and Springer. Supreme class: contains Omega Supreme, Trypticon, Primus, and Unicron. Then, a completely new class, Powerlink class: contains Superion, Bruticus Maximus, Nexus Maximus, Menasor, and Devastator. You can buy each combiner for $100.00 or each of the five pieces seperately in , either, Deluxe, Voyager, or Leader class for a fifth of the price. In the end, there are just going to be a s***load of figures. The other franchises, forget about them for a while...

I agree that one of the first things that should be done is developing an aggressive DVD movie campaign, especially to promote the sub lines. No reason why there can't be different movies for different ages either. If they wanted to do a more up to date g1 series, they could (and should) target it for the older 80's and 90's fans. Other, more modern features can be aimed at wider age groups.

I wouldn't comment much on figure designs or make too many assumptions that every figure could be so much better than what is. Sure there are plenty of times we all wanna scream over simple things not done. However, I doubt if we can really fathom what those little details can end up costing. So until I knew what kind of monster that was, I'll just leave that one alone.

Overall, I'd make sure the company did a better job taking care of the people who take care of them. Kids and collectors alike. With that said, I'll give lots of credit to Hasbro for greatly improving in this department over the years. Not that long ago, they didn't really want to pay the fandom too much attention at all, but they're learning how valuable of a resource that we can actually be. So cheers on that.

1) Fire Archer right away.

2) Start work on a G1 Arcee

3) Get rid of all minicons and the animated characters from the multiverse

4) Pull the comic license from Fun Publications

I agree that one of the first things that should be done is developing an aggressive DVD movie campaign, especially to promote the sub lines. No reason why there can't be different movies for different ages either. If they wanted to do a more up to date g1 series, they could (and should) target it for the older 80's and 90's fans. Other, more modern features can be aimed at wider age groups.

Exactly. If one were to look at what DC/Warner Bros. has done with Batman for instance, there is so much potential to broaden the Transformers brand. There is a Batman Film Franchise, The Batman and Brave and the Bold kids cartoons, DVD releases like Justice League movies and the awesome Batman:Under the Red Hood.....Hasbro can do so much more with the franchise!

Do everything I could to get Michael Bay fired, make sure a director with actual talent was hired and then have the movie franchise rebooted and made into something good.

Sorry, I know this was about toys but I couldn't help myself.

I would release the Masterpiece Megatron in the US with improved legs and the had the silencer and stock and of course, the orange cap. I would release the trailer with Roller for Masterpiece Optimus Prime. I would have some Masterpieces released in the US before Japan. I would try to aim for 2 Masterpieces per year. I would make sure Exclusive figures are released when announced and meet demand. Get rid of the stupide safety issues such shortening smokestacks and rounding up teeth(MP Grimlock) or sharp edges. No more repaints or reissues. Re-release the G1 cartoon but with updated graphics and stories. Bring the Men in Black to wipe off everyone's memory as if the Michael Bay movies never existed and make new one with the G1 designs basing them on the Masterpiece line. Man... so many things....

I would release the Masterpiece Megatron in the US with improved legs and the had the silencer and stock and of course, the orange cap. I would release the trailer with Roller for Masterpiece Optimus Prime. I would have some Masterpieces released in the US before Japan. I would try to aim for 2 Masterpieces per year. I would make sure Exclusive figures are released when announced and meet demand. Get rid of the stupide safety issues such shortening smokestacks and rounding up teeth(MP Grimlock) or sharp edges. No more repaints or reissues. Re-release the G1 cartoon but with updated graphics and stories. Bring the Men in Black to wipe off everyone's memory as if the Michael Bay movies never existed and make new one with the G1 designs basing them on the Masterpiece line. Man... so many things....

I have MP Grimlock, his teeth aren't that rounded. How much sharper do you need them? Do you want to make your fingers bleed?

Although many in the Transformers fan-base despise the movies, from a business standpoint, Michael Bay has done pretty good with his Transformers movies. Although I wasn't so hot for RoTF, it still made a ton of money so as far as them "erasing" everyone's memory of Bay's films, whether you like them or not, the movies weren't really made just for us, but for everyone to enjoy, and enjoy them, most of the public has.

Archived