War within/ War for cybertron

dcj91x

Do you all think that with TF: WFC coming out there will be renewed interest in the WarWithin series and toy figures. Lets face it some of the designs and story seem very simular. How much the same is yet to be seen though. Also do you think there will be a comic series release that follows the games story line?post-11037-12634816739357_thumb.gifpost-11037-12634816869864_thumb.jpgpost-11037-12634816972817_thumb.jpg

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that if IDW was ever considering finishing the end of War Within volume 3 NOW would be the best time. Use the designs for the new WFC game since Op, and Megs disapeared at the beginning of WWi V2. So a revamp of their designs would make sense, also Megs was striking against Cybertron w/ mindless seekers in WWi V3 so that explains Starscream's upgraded form (he uses one of the new seeker bodies to upgrade himself).

I liked the war within but it was really rushed. I wouldn't mind it being slowed down a bit.

For the toys/designs. Some have a WW look. Others look more like tweeked classics/universe figures which actualy really works for me.

I took notice of that when the pics of Ironhide and Hot Rod came out. If hasbro is trying to tie everything together. That seems like a good way to go about the designs.

I agree. I think hasbro is finally doing what they have talked about for years and making a full official cannon they retells and fills in the holes of the TF universe starting at the begining.

I don't know if it's all that. Them saying "the game in canon" just means that it's story if officially recognized like any other fiction.

It could be some upcoming new TV show will use this video game's plot as it's backstory - which would be very cleaver. Release a game set in the past, then make a TV show set in that same world, only present day. Heck, if the Video Game is "War for Cybertron" - would that make the TV series "The War for Earth?"

I don't know if it's all that. Them saying "the game in canon" just means that it's story if officially recognized like any other fiction.

It could be some upcoming new TV show will use this video game's plot as it's backstory - which would be very cleaver. Release a game set in the past, then make a TV show set in that same world, only present day. Heck, if the Video Game is "War for Cybertron" - would that make the TV series "The War for Earth?"

According to some of the interviews with Hasbro, it's apparently also being used to fill in the gaps regarding the early days of the war on Cybertron in pre-existing canon, such as the original G1 cartoon, comics, etc. thus establishing a definitive tale of the war on Cybertron for G1.

According to some of the interviews with Hasbro, it's apparently also being used to fill in the gaps regarding the early days of the war on Cybertron in pre-existing canon, such as the original G1 cartoon, comics, etc. thus establishing a definitive tale of the war on Cybertron for G1.

So basically post War Within but pre earth? That would be a good way to use this game.

I think it will actually replace some of the war within story line but still be linked to it. most likely add more detail to what was missing or forgotten.

Archived