Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TFormers Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Review: Masterpiece Skywarp Figure

Recommended Posts

Well since I can't seem to find him in the Tri-State, I'm going to have to do the online thing and order him that way...But I'm surprised he hasn't gotten here yet....I mean we have a Super Wal-Mart here for crying out loud.

  • Replies 26
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I picked him up and I'm am very happy. I know that $60 is a little steep for a TF, but this is truly a nice figure and that is the cheapest I have ever seen for a MP figure. I missed Starscream as I was still collecting Alternators at the time. Now that my Alt collection is mostly complete (looking for the UK versions) and the Binaltech is still expensive (I missed Jazz) I think MP will be my next one. I got an Alternity figure and while I like them, IMHO I think the Binaltech / Alternators are better. Mostly due the scale size. I think 1/24 is perfect....back to the subject...sorry.. :D

 

I have the DVD MP Optimus that I got for $80 at Walmart as well. I was going to use him for a Custom, but I can't bring myself to put any type of blade near him, so he remains MISB. Given the prices that the Takara ones are going for IMO $60 is a bargain for the quality of them. I really like the packaging.

 

I would be willing to help anyone out if they are looking for one as there is an extra one that is at the Walmart here. Given the area it is in I don't think anyone will be buying it. They had the 25th aniv. Optimus on clearance for $35 and they had a ton of them. G.I. Joe is more popular in this area than TF so far.

The Super Walmart theory is wrong, or at least it is in southeast Massachusetts. While shopping last night, our standard Walmart must have had ast least eight MP Skywarps in stock--well, seven after I left. :)

 

Even though Skywarp is my least favorite of the three Seeker color schemes (although the original Takara MP Starscream greenish-grey/magenta is truly hideous), I'm still thrilled to get my hands on this mold, having never even seen a MP Starscream in person. And while $60 is steep for a TF, I think it's within reason, considering the quality of the figure.

dude walmart.com dropped the price of mp skywarp is 49 bucks. i think im going to buy two more of these guys to repaint into acid storm or thundercracker or sun storm

  • 2 weeks later...

i see that the alternate head on the version released in the U.S. is different than the overseas version. (if this has been pointed out, sorry i didnt know)

I like the back pard down by the legs instead. it almost has the look of sheathed swords hanging from the waist. i view them more as defensive shielding for the legs. It looks utterly rediculoues put on the back - as pure kibble. Just my view.

got mine today! for some reason it ranged up at 22.99....score!

 

001-9.jpg

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!
SOCIAL NETWORKS

ToyNewsI MarvelousNews Tformers JediInsider
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the oldest, largest, and most popular news source for adult toy collectors (kidults) all around the world.

Get the scoop every day on all the popular culture action figures, comics, games, movies, toys, and more!

Contact and Support
Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy


All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Please Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.